Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I reported my son's school today

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today I had lunch with my son.  One of the lunch monitors was just so rude and hateful to the kids.  At one point getting on the microphone and yelling "Hey kid in the orange!  Can you hear?  I said sit down!"  Then a little girl vomited on herself and she walks over, plugs her nose and runs off.  She stand across the lunch room and when the little girl vomits again she yells "Go to the nurse!"  She wasn't going to help her or anything!  Luckily there is a little old man that volunteers his time helping kids open packages at school and he walked her to the nurse.  This woman rolled her eyes at the kids, talked to them like they were idiots and just flat out pissed me off.  So I emailed the school a not very happy email.  I am so sick of witnessing people that work with kids being hateful and rude to them.  Look.. I get it, kids are stressful and dealing with that many kindergartners at one time is hard, but I feel like if you can't handle it find another job.  I send my kid to school trusting that he is being treated right.. not being talked to like a piece of crap.  Annoyed!

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh wow!  You definitely did the right thing.

I wouldn't have emailed, but I probably would have marched right down to the office to complain in person.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad you did! There's not many of us that would do that.

We called our school superintendent yesterday because Kiara came home and told us that her teacher was making fun of her for not knowing an answer *she guessed 1 out of 2 answers and she said the wrong answer* and told all of the kids in her class to make fun of Kiara, which they did. The teacher laughed at Kiara and said "Kiara, how stupid ARE you? and No one can be as stupid as you are!". We've had MANY, MANY problems with this teacher over this year and last year when she was Angel's teacher, and the principal hasn't done anything. Today, Kiara started in a new class and the teacher admitted to the superintendent that she did do that and is being investigated now. The other kids are being talked to to see if this is a pattern with this teacher. :/
sjump25
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM
OMG that is terrible! She should be fired and never be allowed to teach again!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

We called our school superintendent yesterday because Kiara came home and told us that her teacher was making fun of her for not knowing an answer *she guessed 1 out of 2 answers and she said the wrong answer* and told all of the kids in her class to make fun of Kiara, which they did. The teacher laughed at Kiara and said "Kiara, how stupid ARE you? and No one can be as stupid as you are!". We've had MANY, MANY problems with this teacher over this year and last year when she was Angel's teacher, and the principal hasn't done anything. Today, Kiara started in a new class and the teacher admitted to the superintendent that she did do that and is being investigated now. The other kids are being talked to to see if this is a pattern with this teacher. :/
sjump25
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I had my 2 year old with me while I was there. Maybe email wasn't the best, but I get really flustered and nervous when I'm mad and I wanted to get out what I had to say.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh wow!  You definitely did the right thing.

I wouldn't have emailed, but I probably would have marched right down to the office to complain in person.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I would have complained too.  that is uncalled for

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That's ridiculous! I would have done the same, if you can't handle kids, do not work with them!!

I hope they take your complaint seriously. Last year my son had a horrible teacher, yet they didn't care about any of my complaints. She might be a good teacher for regular kids but she has no idea how to handle kids with disabilities!

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

That's just awful too!! It's sad that there are some teachers that just shouldn't be teaching at all, yet they still are!!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I agree.  We won't know what the outcome of the investigation will be for at least a week.  They are interviewing kids that were in her class last year too.  They interviewed Angel earlier, and she said that she was bullied too.  She was, and horribly as well :(

Quoting sjump25:

OMG that is terrible! She should be fired and never be allowed to teach again!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Exactly!

Quoting bigmama423:

That's just awful too!! It's sad that there are some teachers that just shouldn't be teaching at all, yet they still are!!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Jessica020410
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM
You did the right thing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)