Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

electronic cigarettes

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
So i quick smoking cigs, AGAIN, and its been a month now and i really don't want to smoke one. They make me feel bad and gross and its just a gross habit. My fiance is using those electronic cigarettes and now i started using them. I really don't trust them tho. I almost believe they could b worse than actual cigarettes. I mean their still nicotine, actually they have alot of nicotine in them and chemicals. I believe its water vapor? Or some kind of vapor in them which doesn't sound good for the lungs. The last i heard water in lungs is bad lol but im no doctor. My fiance smokes them in the house when DS is in bed but i don't trust them. What if its got some kind of chemical in it we can't smell or something that could hurt my son. The fda can't say much about them because there's no tobacco in them and they also havnt been around long enough to know all the effects of them. Does anybody else smoke them? Does anyone else believe they r bad for u? Would it be better to probably smoke a cig instead of a electronic cigarette? Any opinions on them?
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

They're probably better for you than cigarettes, especially since it is vaporized. Not sure about the effects of vaporized nicotine though. If I was choosing between the two I would choose the lesser evil and go with the e-cig. I wouldn't smoke them around my children though, but that's just me. 

I only tried one once for the hell of it, it was nasty. :)

kaiti_G
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Quoting bigmama423:

They're probably better for you than cigarettes, especially since it is vaporized. Not sure about the effects of vaporized nicotine though. If I was choosing between the two I would choose the lesser evil and go with the e-cig. I wouldn't smoke them around my children though, but that's just me. 

that's what I'm thinking. Even tho its not smoked around our child i still don't feel right with it smoked in the house even if they advertise it like u can and there's no smell just not sure if i trust it. My fiance swears he feels better using them but im just weird with shit like that it could b doing something else to u. Idk i just wanna quit smoking all together but I've been so annoyed lately not smoking anything! They r kinda gross! Found one that wasn't too bad but its still not the same!
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kaiti_G:

Quoting bigmama423:

that's what I'm thinking. Even tho its not smoked around our child i still don't feel right with it smoked in the house even if they advertise it like u can and there's no smell just not sure if i trust it. My fiance swears he feels better using them but im just weird with shit like that it could b doing something else to u. Idk i just wanna quit smoking all together but I've been so annoyed lately not smoking anything! They r kinda gross! Found one that wasn't too bad but its still not the same!

I agree with you, you just never know.

As far as quitting I have no advice. I smoked when I was younger but quit with no problems when I needed to. In 2010 I started smoking again when my dad died. I only did for about 2 months maybe and had no problem quitting.

They're way too expensive too! Good luck in quitting maybe try drinking more caffeine or something when you quit and see if that helps. I know caffeine isn't all that great but maybe better than cigarettes. :)

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Those things are strong very strong.

kaiti_G
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Thanx! When i was pregnant it seemed like the easiest thing in the world to quit! I quit no problem and always promised myself i wouldn't do it again but i went thru alot of panic attacks and my grandmother just passed away and smoking just seemed like a release! Im doing better i havnt had a cig in a couple weeks but have hit the electronic cig i am so rdy to quit tho. I need to chew gum or something lol idk i will figure it out. Thanx again.
Texascandee
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I've been using an ecig for about 3 weeks and I love it.  As for the strength, depends on where you get them. My bf and his wife mix the juice themselves and yes, it can be strong.  I got mine from a cig store and it's fine.  I've smoked 41 yrs and have tried everything else to quit and nothing worked.  Since I've been doing the ecig, I only had MAYBE 6 cigs total..............sometimes, I don't even do the ecig for a few hours.

If someone is trying to quit, I would highly recommend an ecig..........not the ones in a box that looks like a reg cig, but the ones with the clearomizer........they last longer.  Compare (here) almost $60 for a carton of cigs to the initial cost........around $58, then all you pay is $15 for the juice every month.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

I don't think with ecigs it's a problem "smoking" them around people.  Most places that ban smoking will let you smoke an ecig in their business.  I think the ones that don't know about them or have little knowledge should so a bit of research

kaiti_G
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Quoting Texascandee:

I've been using an ecig for about 3 weeks and I love it.  As for the strength, depends on where you get them. My bf and his wife mix the juice themselves and yes, it can be strong.  I got mine from a cig store and it's fine.  I've smoked 41 yrs and have tried everything else to quit and nothing worked.  Since I've been doing the ecig, I only had MAYBE 6 cigs total..............sometimes, I don't even do the ecig for a few hours.

If someone is trying to quit, I would highly recommend an ecig..........not the ones in a box that looks like a reg cig, but the ones with the clearomizer........they last longer.  Compare (here) almost $60 for a carton of cigs to the initial cost........around $58, then all you pay is $15 for the juice every month.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

I don't think with ecigs it's a problem "smoking" them around people.  Most places that ban smoking will let you smoke an ecig in their business.  I think the ones that don't know about them or have little knowledge should so a bit of research

Your right i don't know much about them so im trying to get as much info as i can on them. So i only tried the one that looks like a cig in a box and they don't last very long and im not sure what exactly what ur talking about. My fiance has like this box he got for 60 bux and u can change the tips or flavor or whatever on them. I know it charges up lol. So u don't believe its any worse for u or bad to smoke them around people? Because that's what im worried about.
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My SIL bought some with groupon and saved a ton of money.  Both she and my brother are trying to quit, but I they agree that it isn't really like smoking and they miss cigarettes, so I don't think they'll end up doing the trick for them.

SeabeeWife2011
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Electronic cigs ate better...water vapor and there is no odor from them and it doesn't offend anyone who is sensitive to second hand smoke. I can't stand smoking anymore, and I tried to smoke a cigarette weeks ago. I didn't feel good.

For you quitting, it's best to try the electronic cigarette.
LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Congrats on giving up cigarettes! Personally, I'd just say away from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN