Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

That was strange

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 21 Replies

Some guy just knocked on my door a little bit ago while I was feeding my son. I answered it (thinking it was our landlord since he's working on the place next door). Some Mexican (not trying to be racist) was at the door. He didn't tell me who he was or anything just said hi then started to take a step forward in my house. He asked if he could come in. I think he saw my son (I feed him his solids in the kitchen in his high chair) and said is this not vince's house? I said no and he told me he gets confused with these places (I live in a duplex and there are 12 sets of duplex total with 4 facing each other). He left though. My neighbor told me that when he did leave he went out to the parking lot yelled fuck then took off running down the street. My neighbor almost went to get our landlord and tell him that we may have a problem.

When I went to check my mail a little bit after that incident I locked my door because I wasn't going to have my son alone in the house with the door unlocked in case the guy comes back. I don't think he will come back but I still wanted to protect my son.

I was afraid he was gonna hurt me when he tried to take a step inside my house.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Wow that's crazy!
tibby73
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I would call the police and report it just incase he tries this at someone elses house. Glad your safe.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We are in a bad part of town lol. I'm not sure I want to bug the police but it was really scary to me especially when he tried to get inside.

I was home alone with my son when it happened. I'm glad I have protective neighbors.

Quoting tibby73:

I think I would call the police and report it just incase he tries this at someone elses house. Glad your safe.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
That's happened here before too. I just told them they have the wrong house. We were told by our landlord after we moved in that our place used to be a crack house. The people who have come to our door in the past have been looking for drugs, no doubt.
emilyelephant
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM

We got raided at our old rental house. The guy that lived there before us was a meth dealer, but he hadn't lived there for at least a year. They rammed the door, our roomate was pulled out of the shower, given a towel, and handcuffed. SO and I came home about an hour later and we were pulled inside. It was so scary. I'm pretty sure our roomate is suing them now.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

That's happened here before too. I just told them they have the wrong house. We were told by our landlord after we moved in that our place used to be a crack house. The people who have come to our door in the past have been looking for drugs, no doubt.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
That's crazy! We haven't had anything like that happen here. In fact, the only people who come to the door now are people trying to sell something or convert us to their religion. Those people try to come in all the time. We put up a 'No Soliciting' sign and had to add 'This means ALL church groups too!'. No one leaves us alone even with the sign, lol.

Quoting emilyelephant:We got raided at our old rental house. The guy that lived there before us was a meth dealer, but he hadn't lived there for at least a year. They rammed the door, our roomate was pulled out of the shower, given a towel, and handcuffed. SO and I came home about an hour later and we were pulled inside. It was so scary. I'm pretty sure our roomate is suing them now.
Quoting Kmakksmom:That's happened here before too. I just told them they have the wrong house. We were told by our landlord after we moved in that our place used to be a crack house. The people who have come to our door in the past have been looking for drugs, no doubt.
LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I always learned how to talk though a door. Next time just say 'who is it?' before you open the door.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My neighbor has been here for 7 years and nobody named vince has ever lived in this section. There is/was a drug house 4 places down from us (I think they moved) but I don't know why he'd come to my place (the drug house is on the opposite end). And what I don't get is why he took off running down the road when he found out this wasn't vince's place after telling me he gets confused with these places.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

massenberg
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats scarey please b careful !! Dont open door so quickly try and peep out the window or through the curtain first.we have to b very careful !!!!!!

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

Some guy just knocked on my door a little bit ago while I was feeding my son. I answered it (thinking it was our landlord since he's working on the place next door). Some Mexican (not trying to be racist) was at the door. He didn't tell me who he was or anything just said hi then started to take a step forward in my house. He asked if he could come in. I think he saw my son (I feed him his solids in the kitchen in his high chair) and said is this not vince's house? I said no and he told me he gets confused with these places (I live in a duplex and there are 12 sets of duplex total with 4 facing each other). He left though. My neighbor told me that when he did leave he went out to the parking lot yelled fuck then took off running down the street. My neighbor almost went to get our landlord and tell him that we may have a problem.

When I went to check my mail a little bit after that incident I locked my door because I wasn't going to have my son alone in the house with the door unlocked in case the guy comes back. I don't think he will come back but I still wanted to protect my son.

I was afraid he was gonna hurt me when he tried to take a step inside my house.

sjump25
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I never open the door for people I don't know or didn't invite.  I don't care if they can hear the tv blaring or my kids screaming... not answering.  I don't want to buy anything and I don't want to risk it being a crazy.  Next time I would just suggest not answering unless you know the person. So scary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN