Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Does your city do this?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine recently got pulled over for expired registration and no proof of insurance. This happened to her once before, and all she had to do was go to some office in the courthouse, show proof of insurance, and pay registration. THIS time, however, she had to actually go to court. She went to the same office she went to last time and was informed that all moving violations are now handled in the court room and in front of a judge. So, on top of paying her registration and ticket, she now has to pay court costs.

I've never had a moving violation, so it doesn't really effect me. I can see that she'll be extra careful to get her sh*t together because it was a pain to deal with, and others would be more careful too. I still think it's weird and unnecessary if the person isn't being charged with a crime. I guess I can't decide how I feel about it, lol. Does your city do this?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Replies (11-14):
prdmama82
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
You have to go to court here, unless you just want to pay the ticket. I got my first ticket a month ago and decided to go to court because I didn't have the money for it before the court date. I'm glad I did. I got pulled over for going 13 miles over the speed limit in city limits, which is a fine over $200 and 3 or 5 points off your license. When I went before the judge, he gave me the option to plead guilty to that or plead guilty to a lesser offense of faulty equipment, which was a fine of $137 and no points. I said, "I'll take the lesser sir." And he gave me 60 days to pay. No court costs were added.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Your friend need to stay off road, if she dont have proper paperwork.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I think here they take you to jail.

emilyelephant
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I know. She does now.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Your friend need to stay off road, if she dont have proper paperwork.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN