Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

No nuts in your own home? How can that be allowed?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 26 Replies

A friend of mine just told me that when she moved into her apartment one of the things that she was told from the manager is that she can't have peanut butter or any nuts products in her own home because her neighbor is deathly allergic. This neighbor of hers is an adult too. Can they really do that?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I sure hope not. I wouldn't have moved into a place with such an insane rule in place.  

tibby73
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I wouldn't think so. It is her apartment and as long as the neighbor is not coming into her home then I don't see why she couldn't have nuts in her home.

Was this stiputlation a part of her lease she signed?

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM
no, she said that manager just wants everyone to comply with it to make every ones living to be as comfortable as possible.
Quoting tibby73:

I wouldn't think so. It is her apartment and as long as the neighbor is not coming into her home then I don't see why she couldn't have nuts in her home.

Was this stiputlation a part of her lease she signed?

abecee
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I don't think so.

LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Is it in the lease agreement? I can understand both sides of the story. I wouldn't follow that rule. Peanut Butter is a must in our house...

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Interesting.  I don't know if that's legally something he can make them keep out of the apartment or not, but I suppose he's just trying to keep his residents safe and happy.

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I'd be smuggling it in.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM

no, it's not on the lease.

Quoting LML1:

Is it in the lease agreement? I can understand both sides of the story. I wouldn't follow that rule. Peanut Butter is a must in our house...

MJP76
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM

That's crazy.

offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

If it is not stated on the lease, then the apartment manager can not enforce it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)