Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My daughter is making me SO mad today!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 34 Replies

I woke her up at 11 (yes, 11, she sleeps late on weekends) for lunch.  Then told her to get started cleaning her bedroom.  At 12 I started nagging her about cleaning her room (she went outside to play with her little brother instead of doing what she was told).  At 1 she decided to get in the shower.  Just now I got on her case because she's been sitting on her bed, wrapped in her bath towel and has yet to pick up one damn thing.

I just took her phone away and am seriously about to go in there and start cleaning it myself, but that would entitle a huge garbage can because I will throw EVERYTHING away!  

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairywings1223
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like my two oldest girls. They are so lazy and hate doing chores. It drives me insane.

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Kids can definitely drive us a little batty! :)

My kids swear cleaning up after themselves is the most difficult thing to do too in the whole world!!

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I think I'm beyond insane!  We're moving in a month and I really need her to clean up her room (and her act) so that we can get things packed and get that room scrubbed down.  

Quoting Fairywings1223:

Sounds like my two oldest girls. They are so lazy and hate doing chores. It drives me insane.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Yeah, I don't get it.  She's almost 16 and can't be bothered to put her clothes in the hamper or throw away her trash.  Grrr!  

Quoting bigmama423:

My kids swear cleaning up after themselves is the most difficult thing to do too in the whole world!!

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Yeah, I don't get it.  She's almost 16 and can't be bothered to put her clothes in the hamper or throw away her trash.  Grrr!  

Quoting bigmama423:

Ah! The terrifying teen years!

Well of course, that involves arm movement, which involves muscle use, which is just so exhausting! ;)

I've got some years to go still, but based on my kids attitudes now, it's going to be a doozy!!

foran
by Melissa on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Hey sounds like my 14yrold she drives me insne too my younger ones don't have that problem yet hopefully they will learn fron her mistakes good luck with teenagers we all need it grrrr
jenk928
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
She needs to know you are serious. I used to tell my girls that if they didn't clean it, I would and if I didn't like something, into the trash it goes. I said it over and over and never did it. And the threat didn't work anymore. UNTIL one day whilethey were at school, I actually did it. I threw anything I didn't like away. Clothes, magazines, whatever was all over the floor, on the bed, cluttering up the room. They still procrastinate, until I tell them that I am free Wednesday and will clean it myself then.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM
How frustrating!!!
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I've actually done that too many times to count, it hasn't helped.  I don't think she cares and actually feels relieved when Mom does the work for her.

Quoting jenk928:

She needs to know you are serious. I used to tell my girls that if they didn't clean it, I would and if I didn't like something, into the trash it goes. I said it over and over and never did it. And the threat didn't work anymore. UNTIL one day whilethey were at school, I actually did it. I threw anything I didn't like away. Clothes, magazines, whatever was all over the floor, on the bed, cluttering up the room. They still procrastinate, until I tell them that I am free Wednesday and will clean it myself then.

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Girls they are  lazy at this age dont feel bad i go threw this every oither weekend ;]

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

I woke her up at 11 (yes, 11, she sleeps late on weekends) for lunch.  Then told her to get started cleaning her bedroom.  At 12 I started nagging her about cleaning her room (she went outside to play with her little brother instead of doing what she was told).  At 1 she decided to get in the shower.  Just now I got on her case because she's been sitting on her bed, wrapped in her bath towel and has yet to pick up one damn thing.

I just took her phone away and am seriously about to go in there and start cleaning it myself, but that would entitle a huge garbage can because I will throw EVERYTHING away!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)