Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

need advice first dr appt is this week and i dont know what to expect any help

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

any advice will be helpful i am 21 weeks and 4 days and havent went tro the dr because i dont know what to expect or what the dr will do any questions and helpful hints are welcomed

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmdale87
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Okay wait... you've NEVER been to the OB yet?!

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM
The doctor will probably offer you an ultrasound, listen for a heart beat, take your blood pressure, ask you about your diet and whether you're taking vitamins... I also got a Pap smear and other tests done at my first appointment. (It was necessary, I'm high risk for cervical cancer) Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. You'll probably also get referred to the lab for blood work and your doctor might give you a tb test. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cmdale87
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM

This--- but please don't tell me you didn't go get early Prenatal Care because you didn't know what to expect, or you were scared? The first few months of care is important. Congrats on your pregnancey, and hope that you're happy and healthy all 9 mos :)

Quoting polkaspots:

The doctor will probably offer you an ultrasound, listen for a heart beat, take your blood pressure, ask you about your diet and whether you're taking vitamins... I also got a Pap smear and other tests done at my first appointment. (It was necessary, I'm high risk for cervical cancer) Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. You'll probably also get referred to the lab for blood work and your doctor might give you a tb test. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

nenemarie
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM

no i havent even thou this is my 5 pregnancy i have had 2 misscarriages in the past 2 years but befor that i had 2 handsome boys at a young age and now that i have had 2 miscarriages it is a must i just dont know a few things that they might test for i am not saying what i did was right but it helped my morning sickness you might can think of what i am talking about but please dont jugde me i just needed help with my morning sickness and i forget my appt was so close i been drinking lots of water tea and juices i am on medicade its state insureance i just dont want it to back fire on me should i tell my dr ?

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Should you tell your doctor what?
I'm pretty sure you'll be covered for pre natal vitamins, so get some. If your not they're like twenty bucks at the pharmacy.
You need to tell you doctor about your history because it tells them that you have a risk already of something going wrong. Your insurance means nothing when it comes to the care you'll be receiving.

Edit to add that I figured it out...
Your doctor isn't going to test you for drugs and you don't have to say anything, it's not really relevant since what I think you're referring to hasn't been proven to have any negative effects.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nenemarie
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM

i dont know how to say it i smoked pot and i dont even know if the dr will report it to my insureance cause my insureance is the state and i dont want them to take my kids i already stoped a week ago  forgot my appt was so close what should i do tell the dr or let the dr find out i dont even know if they check for that

ambr2006
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM

This is weird.....bump!

ambr2006
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM

okay the doctor will only know if he/she has to do blood work.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll be fine. They won't give you any tests without checking with you first and an OB isn't even going to have a drug test to give you... But I have to say this, you should probably not do that anymore. It's not good for you and it sets a bad example for the kids you already do have. I'd get some lollipops. They have special prego pops or whatever but they're expensive and dum dumps are cheap and delicious. I understand you're a bit nervous because it is state funded, but they will not drug test you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambr2006
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Stop smoking pot, then you wont have to worry about this, and besides its not good for your other kids to inhale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN