Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If I said I was coming over to your house, would you be embarrassed at the way your house looks?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 17 Replies

OMG, so I just let my landlord know that I'll be moving at the end of May and his office assistant asked if I'd be willing to let them show the house to prospective tenants later in the month.

I know it's not til later in the month but.... yikes.  To show the house, with boxes everywhere and because of boxes being everywhere the house not being as clean as I'd like.  Scary thought.  Plus, I work from home and have 2 kids & 2 dogs here so it's NEVER as clean as I'd like.  

So, just the thought alone is giving me anxiety! 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemybbgrl
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
So tell them no! You dont have to do that. you didnt sign anywhere that you had to and while youre still covered on your rent you have a right to not be intruded upon.
bottomline
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I would not let them show the place while you are in the middle of moving. There is no way you can be "show ready" when you are packing, piling and pitching! lol

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care. Lol. They know your moving. They probably are expecting it to be in that condition. :-)
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I did warn her that between the boxes and the kids the place will be a mess.  They may not want to anyway, it does need to be painted before they can rent it out again.

Quoting Bmama1:

I wouldn't care. Lol. They know your moving. They probably are expecting it to be in that condition. :-)

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Today at 5:20 PM
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
TELL EM U CANT ATM ..U HAVE TO MUCH GOING ON .. MAYBE LATER AFTER U HAVE STUFF MOVED TO NEW PLACE.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM

i wouldn't mind that, but if you didn't sign something that says that you can come in whenever you like you don't have to.

villagemamma
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I actually am going through the same sort of situation right now lol. My landlord called me the other day and said that is was time to do the yearly inspection just to make sure that the pipes survived winter, that the smoke detectors were still in place and the furnace was working all that sort of thing. I looked around my house after he called and definitely felt that anxiety. I keep a pretty tidy house for the most part but there are still always those things you let slip. for me it is the toddler marks all over the walls and the clutter that has accumulated. Thankfully my mom and i spent all day yesterday just rocking out on the house and now i feel much better about him coming by.

sjump25
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

My house always looks spotless lately because we are trying to sell and people call to look at it last minute all the time.  It sucks.

sabrtooth1
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM

You don't have to "sign something" giving the landlord access.  It is HIS property, and he can have access to it any time he wants.  All he needs to do, is give you 24 hour notice.  And if it that much of a mess, and needs to be repainted on top of it, do not expect to get your security back.

BTW, NO I would not be embarrassed by my house.  (I have 4 dogs, I daycare my toddler dgd, and I work 8-16 hours a week.)

newwifenmom
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Not right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)