Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Disappointed by our Payment for Bank Of America taking our hosue

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 26 Replies

So a few years back during the height of the housing collapse our mortgage provider was taken over by the federal government. They "gave" our mortgage to Bank of America, which turned into a nightmare. We had a fixed rate mortgage, escrow, and PMI insurence.  A month after the mortgage was moved they lost the payment, turned out they applied it to the wrong loan number because of a system "glitch" it what it says in the paperwork.

About a month later we recieved notice our payment was going up $400 a month because our city taxes Doubled. I called the city, and discovered this wasn't true. Bank of America has put our entire years tax bill as each summer (whole amount) and winter (whole amount). So we contacted BoA thinking it was just a easy to fix mistake, who then told us that our mortgage payment was going up actually $932 a month the following month because State Farm no longer carried our insurence, they swore they never recieved documents from State Farm for our homeowners (this was in addition to our city taxes, they refused to fix even with proof from the city) However they had paid State Farm for the homeowners renewel. They then tacked on their own policy which was several thousand dollars. Ok..... talked to State Farm who told us (and at this point our lawyer) that BoA was talking out there butts. They faxed us the paperwork, they faxed it to BoA, and I PHSYCALLY SENT IT TO THEM CERTIFIED. I also dropped it off at there local mortgage banking location, like we were told on the phone. 

What happens, we are told that they never got it. Over the next few months we drained our savings fighting BoA and paying the mortgage. Finally we reached our breaking point, when we were told we didn't qualify for any federal help. We had contacted several lawyers, all finally told us the same thing (as did a Judge who is a friend) that we should just give up. It wasn't worth wasting away slowly in our home fighting to pay the utilities, draining our retirment. We didn't live in a large house (1200 square feet basic lower middle class here or pay too much for the house $125,000 in 2003). We then set up a short sale, however BoA pulled out about an hour prior to closing (seriously its all in the documentation).

Well, we just got the check from the government agreement with the banks a 25 billion dollar agreement.... and we got.... $300 bucks. That was enough to cover the moving truck... or the lawyers first 2 hours. It states that because are foreclosure is at a staging point, meaning its finished but not because the house isn't listed, and because we never had a modification (we were told we couldn't get one because it was escrow) we cant get anything else. I feel so defeated, we went after BoA and even when we'd win in court they would appel till we had nothing left at all. I'm happy we got something, but Bank of America got our home. We were hoping at least for something more... I'm not sure what but on the letter it states we cannot appeal the amount, that the procedures that cost us our home were not taken into consideration just that something was done wrong. I feel broken hearted. 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suy
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM

We recently got our settlement money too it is nowhere near enough it cost to relocate. Our condo was on the market for short sale I found my own buyer but BoA kept loosing the the paper work after 6 months of going nowhere with the bank my buyer finally pulled out. So on top of losing our home (my husband lost his job) we have this foreclose on our credit report. You not alone in feeling this way but i know it is frustrating and also with more could be done.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM

They did that to so many people, that raped many...SAD!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM

hugs

I'm so sorry!  

I'm buying a house right now and I just pray that BoA never touches my loan.

Playitagain
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband keeps saying the money is pointless, if they found something wrong with the process they should take it off our credit. We paid on time every month, for many years. We currently live in my parents old house, they had to move to assisted living. But, its so hard. I know how you feel, we did everything they demanded during the short sale, then when we were sitting at the table for closing we got world it was cancelled.

Quoting suy:

We recently got our settlement money too it is nowhere near enough it cost to relocate. Our condo was on the market for short sale I found my own buyer but BoA kept loosing the the paper work after 6 months of going nowhere with the bank my buyer finally pulled out. So on top of losing our home (my husband lost his job) we have this foreclose on our credit report. You not alone in feeling this way but i know it is frustrating and also with more could be done.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I am so sorry to hear that

Awip
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I am so sorry, wish things had turned out better

im sorry

Jennyanne322
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Hugs momma. I hate B of A. I will never deal with them again after problem with just a checking and savings account.
Good luck!!!
AlyssaN
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Our old neighbors have a BofA home loan and they're getting the run around because they're going through a short sale since they moved out of state and still haven't sold their home. It's been almost a year and an offer's been sitting on BofA's desk for 3-4 months.
It's ridiculous! I've heard they're horrible to deal with. I'm so sorry.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I'm sorry. We learned a long time ago that Bank of America is a crappy company. I wish we could tell everyone in the world.
EarlGrayHot
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM

BoA has been in trouble numerous times ffffffas have judges for rubber-stamping foreclosures, even moving to foreclose on houses WHERE THE HOMEOWNERS DID NOT HAVE A MORTGAGE WITH BoA.  In fact, in one case the homeowners had paid CASH to buy their house but BoA refused to acknowledge it or pay the judgement to this couple.  A judge ruled they owed monwy to this couple and when it happened (this was in FLorida, I believe) the judge told the local sheriff to march over to the local BoA branch and start clearing out their furniture.  Take everything.  When the sheriff and deputies arrived and started carrying out the computers, BoA suddenly came up with the cash as demanded by the court. 

You have been screwed royally. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)