Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

You post a picture of an owie you child got through and accident with the details of the accident on fb.  You post that your child was seen by a doctor, the treatment etc.  The injuries fit the story of the accident etc.  You then almost 2 weeks later post a picture of how much better the injury looks. 

Someone private messages you that you could be found guilty of child abuse based on that picture alone.   Are people really that CPS hungry???  She suggested you take off the photos.  I did just in case this person decides to report.  She is more of an acquaintance than a friend, so I am making sure to change her status to acquaintance. Her private message quite literally freaked me out.  

She is a member of a ministry group I am co-leader to.  I am like uh, what in the world?

I have had no one else respond in such a manner. Even the doctor was like, these things happen Mom, don't worry. Yes I am being purposely vague, just in case, she is some crazy stalker person, like you hear about on here. I don't think so, but seriously what in the world was up with that message?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
People are ignorant, plain and simple.
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, yes they are.  LOL

Quoting bigmama423:

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
What the heck? That's ridiculous!
villagemamma
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

People are so CPS happy it is retarded. Kids get hurt all the freaken time.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely!  And, kids will be kids and get hurt once in a while, it's part of life.

Quoting bigmama423:

KRIZZ25
we try to make excuses for ower kids bad behavior. when its ower fault for letting it happen in first place.we need to show them how to behave. dont make excuses ..make solutions ..
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I HATE WEN PPL POST PICKS OF THE KIDS IN THAR UNDER WEAR..I,M LIKE OMG GET THAT OFF ASAP..
bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Yep yep!!

If there's anyone that says their child has never hurt themselves by accident, they're full of you know what!! Or they keep their kid in a bubble! ;)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Absolutely!  And, kids will be kids and get hurt once in a while, it's part of life.

Quoting bigmama423:

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Quoting KRIZZ25:

I HATE WEN PPL POST PICKS OF THE KIDS IN THAR UNDER WEAR..I,M LIKE OMG GET THAT OFF ASAP..

That bugs me too!

Or naked bath pics!! You don't know what kind of creeps can see your kid, why give pedophiles something to look at!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM

She wasn't in her underwear...LOL. But yeah I choose not to post pics of my kids in undies. Oh and I AGREE with you.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, no bubble wrapped kids here.  LOL

Quoting bigmama423:

Yep yep!!

If there's anyone that says their child has never hurt themselves by accident, they're full of you know what!! Or they keep their kid in a bubble! ;)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting bigmama423:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)