Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What do you think when you see a younger woman with an older man?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 28 Replies

What do you think of a woman with a man 10, 15, or more years older?

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Not much really. As long as they are both of legal age. My FIL is married to a women 15 yrs younger than him.
suziSunshine678
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

If the woman is only 15 or 20 years younger, I would think, "what a lovely couple"!

if the woman is quite a bit younger that the man, i would think, "hmmmmmm, i wonder if she married him for his money"!

i know, ladies - my second thought is kind of mean - but, it's what i would think -

i have seen it happen so many times - i am 70 years old - and it HAS HAPPENED to two women in our crowd - their husbands divorced them for women who are barely 21 - no lie!!!!   left them with the big house,  and 2 mortguages - which they can no longer maintain - but are responsible for, since the house is both names - both husbands have all of the money - the wives just thought their marriages would last forever - the divorces came when both ladies were 60 and 62  - the men were older - the new wives are 24 and 30 -

gals, don't get caught thinking that it can last forever - because it doesn't always last forever -

but, to end on a happy note -

the great guy i married and i will be celebrating our 50th anniversary this june, 2013 - and he is STILL that same great guy -

just make certain to keep the love in your marriage alive and well each and every day of your lives -  never go to bed angry - never let a day pass without saying "i love you" or touching each other - read Cosmopolitan every month - my husband buys me a yearly subscription - right - don't ever let things slow down in your sex life - the older you get, the better IT gets - '

from one who knows - smiles at all you younger women -

natural_s
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My husband and I are 11yrs age difference and we are happy and love each other. I did not marry him for money because he is not rich, lol. Does he work hard yes but far far far from being rich but we are rich in love and family. We are pregnant with our third child and I had two and he had one previously.

I personally could care less how old people are that's them and in the end they have to live with themselves on why they truly married someone. I do have to admit though I tend to question couples when the girl is in her 20's and the guy is like sixty and he is wealthy but again who am I to truly  say that they are really both not in love.

As long as its legal and your grown do what is in your heart, because either way if your not doing or in something for the right reason it will come back to bite you in the butt.

Shoot there are women who are with men their same age only because of the wealth and lifestyle that the man can provide for them.

bigmama423
by Liz on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Nothing

That's how my parents were, my mom was very young and my dad was very old when I was born...

Armadillo79
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 34 and my DH is 49 but he looks 30. Life is wonderful and we're about to have our 1st baby boy soon. I wouldn't change a thing. He treats me like a queen and we've been together 6 wonderful years!

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I love that last part of your reply! Congrats on 50 years!

Quoting suziSunshine678:

If the woman is only 15 or 20 years younger, I would think, "what a lovely couple"!

if the woman is quite a bit younger that the man, i would think, "hmmmmmm, i wonder if she married him for his money"!

i know, ladies - my second thought is kind of mean - but, it's what i would think -

i have seen it happen so many times - i am 70 years old - and it HAS HAPPENED to two women in our crowd - their husbands divorced them for women who are barely 21 - no lie!!!!   left them with the big house,  and 2 mortguages - which they can no longer maintain - but are responsible for, since the house is both names - both husbands have all of the money - the wives just thought their marriages would last forever - the divorces came when both ladies were 60 and 62  - the men were older - the new wives are 24 and 30 -

gals, don't get caught thinking that it can last forever - because it doesn't always last forever -

but, to end on a happy note -

the great guy i married and i will be celebrating our 50th anniversary this june, 2013 - and he is STILL that same great guy -

just make certain to keep the love in your marriage alive and well each and every day of your lives -  never go to bed angry - never let a day pass without saying "i love you" or touching each other - read Cosmopolitan every month - my husband buys me a yearly subscription - right - don't ever let things slow down in your sex life - the older you get, the better IT gets - '

from one who knows - smiles at all you younger women -

Yellowlily333
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Nothing. My parents were 20 years apart in age and hopelessly in love with eachother. My Dad died 16 years ago and my mom is still too in love with him to date someone else.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I wouldn't judge. My husband and I are 9 years apart in age. He's older :)
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Knowing me I wouldn't notice! Lol!
Lovemyshadows
by Carol on May. 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I have no preconceived ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)