Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

pa bashing....(ping)

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
how come ppl bash ppl on pa?? do u wont family's to starve or go wth out medical care? do u wont to see children go wth out food and maybe die?? most ppl on pa are hard working and pay taxes to ..or lost thar job and cant find another.so instead of bashing try helping.. instead of assuming try understanding..we all need help once in wile.

SORRY IF MY SPELLING OFFENDS U I HAVE Dyslexia..I CANT HELP IT ..BUT IF I CAN LIVE WTH IT U CAN TO..
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Because people like to think having money makes them better. I'm not saying everyone, just the ones that bash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 1, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think tales of pa abuse have colored most people's views.
Dibsy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Just like with anything, if its needed then its great but if its abused then its not. All people deserve to live a life that's not spent worrying about whether their children will go to bed hungry or if their family can survive another day. Those who use it to opt out of working for the sake of just not working or trying to find a job give it a bad name. Also I think a lot of people like to jump on bandwagons without trying to learn more about things. Anyone would be opposed to it if all they heard about it was slackers use it to buy pizza and get off scot free in life and still have iPhones and whatnot. It does have a purpose though, as I said. People just need the whole story.
KRIZZ25
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM
jmo..ppl need to worry less about other and worry about them selves..the more u bash someone the more ur likely to be in that boat one day.
anotherandree
by Inga on May. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Like others have said, people that have it and abuse the system give the WHOLE system a bad name.  What makes me sick is how people lurk to watch to those on PA so they can analyze what they are wearing and buying.  Also, it is the sterotype that just because someone is on PA, they are jobless and slackers and do not deserve anything.  Therefore, if they are buying anything name brand or what would be considered a treat, that is automatically "abusing the system."  Also, if they do not look like a slob, and have something nice, they are abusing the system.  The whole thing makes me absolutely sick.  First and foremost it is no one's business what other people buy with food stamps (or SNAP as it is now called) because once that money is gone, those people are going to be hurting and then I hope that they have learned their lesson.  Second, yes, the food money is paid for with taxes, but until you start inspecting all the roads and city buildings (and going to city meetings) that are also being built with your tax dollars, stay away from this piece of it as well.  If you are SO CONCERNED, but concerned with ALL OF IT.  But, third, and I think this is the most imprtant, show some damn compassion.  The economy is hard enough and the world is a difficult enough place to live in as is without us all turning on each other!  I know that health insurance is outrageous.  I know that I want to cry when I leave the grocery store.  Don't we all?!  Do we have to FIGHT about it?  Compassion, forgiveness, empathy, and sympathy is a lost art in America today.

KRIZZ25
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Quoting anotherandree:

Like others have said, people that have it and abuse the system give the WHOLE system a bad name.  What makes me sick is how people lurk to watch to those on PA so they can analyze what they are wearing and buying.  Also, it is the sterotype that just because someone is on PA, they are jobless and slackers and do not deserve anything.  Therefore, if they are buying anything name brand or what would be considered a treat, that is automatically "abusing the system."  Also, if they do not look like a slob, and have something nice, they are abusing the system.  The whole thing makes me absolutely sick.  First and foremost it is no one's business what other people buy with food stamps (or SNAP as it is now called) because once that money is gone, those people are going to be hurting and then I hope that they have learned their lesson.  Second, yes, the food money is paid for with taxes, but until you start inspecting all the roads and city buildings (and going to city meetings) that are also being built with your tax dollars, stay away from this piece of it as well.  If you are SO CONCERNED, but concerned with ALL OF IT.  But, third, and I think this is the most imprtant, show some damn compassion.  The economy is hard enough and the world is a difficult enough place to live in as is without us all turning on each other!  I know that health insurance is outrageous.  I know that I want to cry when I leave the grocery store.  Don't we all?!  Do we have to FIGHT about it?  Compassion, forgiveness, empathy, and sympathy is a lost art in America today.

yep i agree..ppl need keep a eye on that owne yard and stay out of others.
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM

People are ignorant! That is my answer to just about everything. ;)

The majority of people that complain about it, have no idea how the system works either. Which goes to show that they really are ignorant. :)

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Because people here come here and gloat. Have you not read the TOS? Debate and disagreement is encouraged. People who come here and boast about getting their 6 tier wedding cake on food stamps deserved to be bashed. Period. Or people who put their personal business on the Internet are opening themselves up to opinions that are different than their own. And have you ever thought that maybe people with money ARE better? They have a safe home, can provide for themselves AND their children, most often have great jobs and good educations. Stability, family, friends, a back up plan. Not always but more often than not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I have no problem with public assistance as long as it's not being abused.  Unfortuntely it is abused too often.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
And also if you are going to attack a group for bashing, maybe don't open yourself up to it so Willingly. This isn't a text, your VERY bad spelling and shortened words don't help your case any.

WANT not WONT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN