Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Besides stretch marks...

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 60 Replies
... do you have any other long term or permanent effects from your pregnancies?

I know some people say their feet got bigger or their eyesight changed.
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I had my youngest just over a year ago and my hips are still killing me! My doctor recommended physical therapy so I'll probably do that soon.

Also, my gums seem to be a lot more sensitive during and after pregnancy.
Dibsy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
My eyesight got better actually, so my contact prescription is lower now. I don't have stretch marks really. The one big thing that's changed though is back pain. I never had a problem until I got pregnant and its still going strong now.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Wow! That's cool that your eyesight got better!

Quoting Dibsy:

My eyesight got better actually, so my contact prescription is lower now. I don't have stretch marks really. The one big thing that's changed though is back pain. I never had a problem until I got pregnant and its still going strong now.
Dibsy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
My eye doctor was pretty surprised about it! He told me I should have a ton of babies and maybe I wouldn't need contacts anymore. To which I said "uhhhh, how about no?" Haha.
Mommie_to_Bee
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM
My back hurts me so bad. I'm only 21 so I shouldn't have back problems lol. Ever since u had my DD, if I stand for too long or sit in the floor my back starts tingling and burning and then comes the pain. I can't go to the doctor because I don't have insurance and since I'm 21 or older I don't qualify for Medicaid.
anotherandree
by Inga on May. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I went from a 9-9 1/2 shoe size to a solid 10.  It actually worked out for the better, bc it's easier to find shoes now! :)

CarlyK23
by New Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Hips and feet got bigger lol

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Hahaha!

Quoting Dibsy:

My eye doctor was pretty surprised about it! He told me I should have a ton of babies and maybe I wouldn't need contacts anymore. To which I said "uhhhh, how about no?" Haha.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM
That's no good. :-( How long ago did you have your dd? Hopefully it will get better with time.

Quoting Mommie_to_Bee:

My back hurts me so bad. I'm only 21 so I shouldn't have back problems lol. Ever since u had my DD, if I stand for too long or sit in the floor my back starts tingling and burning and then comes the pain. I can't go to the doctor because I don't have insurance and since I'm 21 or older I don't qualify for Medicaid.
ilovemyboys84
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I'm diabetic now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN