Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

a bit lonely..

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

wel i am a bit lonely..stay at home 24/7..its like my world start from home and finishes at home.my hub is 10yrs older than me.everytime i try to make things good it just is not enough.we always end up fighting.he never helps me around in house or with the kids..and he just cant take no for an answer..i some times think that maybe its the kids that helps us from falling apart.i am so broken.dnt know what to do!
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dibsy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry you feel this way. I can't give you any advice because I don't know what's best in this situation, but know that you have support and that you shouldn't have to feel alone. You deserve to be happy and respected.
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Welcome!

Have you and your husband considered couples counseling?

TimetoMomUp
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM

(((((Hugs)))))) 

bottomline
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I would look for some counseling and see if that helps. Hang in there and get some support. You deserve to be happy in life, so don't short yourself.

coronado25
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Counseling doesnt work unless both parties are truly interested. Some fellas become unhappy with their wives for no good reason and then nothing their wives do wll ever be good enough. I got out of a marriage like that...though it is tough ...I dont reccommend it but for me it was that or I wouldve runaway or killed myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Welcome to the group!

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I'm sort of in the same position, my marriage has really fallen apart within the last year. I've been a stay at home mom for almost 9 years and it is hard. I have zero friends and spend all my time at home or running errands and getting the kids to and from everywhere they need to be.

Have you asked him about counseling? Maybe you can try that, if not try to do whatever it is that makes you happy and go from there. Sorry I do not have any better advice. Good luck though, if you'd ever like someone to talk to I'm here!! :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I hope things get better soon.

Have you tried couples counseling?

daisykat
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to ask- if you are Indian, what is the typical role of the wife in the household? My understanding is that women are not as respected in your culture as women in the USA who are born here and marry a man who is born here. Is he very traditional in that way? Is he Indian as well? You're here now sister, so if you need support, type away. We love to give our opinions hahaha Does he ever hit or push you? You said he can't take no for an answer. Does that also mean sex? You don't have to answer that if it's too personal, I just want to understand better the position you find yourself in. We can talk you through some of this and give advice. (((HUGS)))
PurpleHazey
by Angie on May. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

It is the same here but to be honest I am serving so many that I can't be lonely actually I am content.

Capmom76
by New Member on May. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
You know, part of LOVE in a marriage is "respect"...."mutual" respect, and from what you describe, it seems he feels HE is entitled as a man to be respected, but what about YOU? You have feelings too! You are the mother of his CHILDREN, you are his beautiful WIFE! you make his house a HOME, every single day. You deserve immense respect! does your husband even know how sad you are? And furthermore, does he CARE? That's what it boils down to-does he, or does he not, care about your happiness, or the stability/sacredness of your marriage and your family? If the answer is no, then that's just selfish, and I'm sorry, love is not selfish. You know, he would get a lot more respect from you if he would honor you and give you the respect you rightfully deserve. There is nothing wrong with traditional man/woman roles; but when one or the other starts having this "entitlement" mentality, it's sure to fail -there must be mutual love and respect. Period! Hang in there :) I hope things will turn around
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)