Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Brat's!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 13 Replies

could you put up with a disrespect abuse of brat child what would you do or feel? since it is your child but would you be willing to do to get them strightened up right?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on May. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I won't put up with if from any child...especially my own child!  Mine learned, from the get-go, there are consequences to bad behavior.  Consequences vary, depending on age and behavior.

notadramamama
by Tina on May. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM

What age are you dealing with right now?  What I would do would depend on the age and what type of brattiness.

mamer12812
by New Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

my baby is 5 months but im going to start early on teaching him whats right from wrong and im talk when he can understand not now of course but you know lol 

babygirl_1012
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I wouldnt put up with any child acting like that. I call my child out and make sure she feels bad for acting like she is. Whether it is talking, yelling or hitting her, she will understand what she is doing is wrong, and it wont happen again.

Dibsy
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I've seen plenty of bratty kids and it drives me crazy. My sons 7 months and he has been the best baby, which I've been lucky with, but he did for a while try screaming for attention. All I had to do was say "No" in a firm voice and he'd stop. After a while he got the concept. I think it's a lot of how you start out, if you teach them from the start what's acceptable it's easier than trying to correct behavior after it gets out of hand.
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No!  My children know what it means to be respectful and that I expect it of them.

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Well, it is hard to say with this vague of a question. My definition of "brat behavior" may not be yours. I am VERY easy going, so it can take some pretty wicked behavior to upset me!
natural_s
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Same response.

Quoting offrdngal:

I won't put up with if from any child...especially my own child!  Mine learned, from the get-go, there are consequences to bad behavior.  Consequences vary, depending on age and behavior.

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I love brats, hot off the grill with mustard!! Mmm mmm

Oh wait not those brats? ;)

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Ditto

Quoting natural_s:

Same response.

Quoting offrdngal:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN