Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ab exercises

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm having trouble with ab exercise, all the ones I've found I seem to use my legs instead, and I hardly feel anything in my abs. Any advice to get used to using my abs?
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Check out Pintrest, they have all sorts of work out stuff you might find something useful...or google. That's all I got.. :)

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Planking!!!! But you have to do it just like this and keep your hips down. Do it as long as you can. I can'tr go past 1 min tops! LOL They say 3 mins a day, 3 days a week and you'll see results :-)

emilyelephant
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Yeah I found tons of stuff on pinterest but I guess after not using my ab muscles so long during pregnancy (and not much these 7 months after...) I forgot how to use them...

Quoting bigmama423:

Check out Pintrest, they have all sorts of work out stuff you might find something useful...or google. That's all I got.. :)

MySweetChild
by Sarah on May. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

On one of the other boards I am on, we are going to do a challenge for the month of June. You do so many of certain exercises each day & then slowly increase your amounts each day. I am anxious to start this, I struggle with ab excercise but I think doing small amounts & building may be the way to go for me. Just a suggestion. :)

Dibsy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I had good success with the Tupler technique and there's a similar thing I found using the same principle as it where you get down on all fours and empty you lungs then suck your stomach in as much as possible and hold your breath for a ten count, ten times. Afterwards it feels almost like you've laughed really long and hard at something, and it gives you the corset, hourglass shape to your midsection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN