Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Are any of the rooms in your house themed?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 28 Replies
I know some people do rooster themed kitchens. My aunt's whole house is cow themed. I personally have a dog themed kitchen and dog themed "dog room" that's where the dogs sleep at night, and our office is all John Deere. Our guest bathroom is beach themed, but really the only room that's just overwhelmingly themed is the office, everything else is just hints of things around the room. Our living room, master bedroom and dining room have no theme, just color coordinated and the nurserys theme if you could call it one is spots, everything kind of turned out to have blue or green or brown dots. Just wondering if anyone else had themed rooms.
{Dibs the Pixi Stix Fiend}
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
No not really. I'm too indecisive. I'm not sure I'd be able to commit to a theme. Lol. My grandma kitchen is all roosters.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Our family living room,and kitchen, and the bath off them, are cape cod lighthouse themes. the formal livid.g room are Mediterranean themes with leather, inlaid wood, and brass and dark reds/browns. My bath is soon to be renovated and I'm planning a 30's theme with white and black mini tiles, and white porcelain, Chrome and sea green glass accents.
kaiti_G
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to do a movie theme with movie posters for our living room but it never worked out we have pictures of our child all over the living room instead but our son's room is all airplane themed because his dad is an airplane mechanic. We have a big airplane book shelf and airplane pictures and things all throughout his bedroom!!!!
Dibsy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kaiti_G:

I wanted to do a movie theme with movie posters for our living room but it never worked out we have pictures of our child all over the living room instead but our son's room is all airplane themed because his dad is an airplane mechanic. We have a big airplane book shelf and airplane pictures and things all throughout his bedroom!!!!

I love that idea! I bet his airplane room is adorable! We intended on doing my sons room all tractors but I told my husband one tractor room is enough, since once you go out the front door you're pretty much in tractor heaven as it is.
Dibsy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Quoting calsmom62:

Our family living room,and kitchen, and the bath off them, are cape cod lighthouse themes. the formal livid.g room are Mediterranean themes with leather, inlaid wood, and brass and dark reds/browns. My bath is soon to be renovated and I'm planning a 30's theme with white and black mini tiles, and white porcelain, Chrome and sea green glass accents.

I love the Mediterranean look. It's so rich and luxurious feeling. I thought of doing that in what I hope to make a guest suite sort of room that has no function now.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Hmmm - no.... None of the rooms really have a "theme".
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, we're boring.. ;)
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I m jealous of your john deere room! Dh isn't the farm type....

Quoting Dibsy:

Quoting calsmom62:

I love the Mediterranean look. It's so rich and luxurious feeling. I thought of doing that in what I hope to make a guest suite sort of room that has no function now.

Dibsy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting calsmom62:

It was all my husbands doing! He had 99% of it before we even started dating and it all just migrated to this house with us and I decided since there was so much he could just collect it all in one room. Haha.
jazzgirl205
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Living, dining and kitchen is all one room at this house. We bought everything second hand over the last 2 years.  What emerged is a early American look with Scottish accents.  The color scheme is taupe and red with a lot of dark natural wood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN