Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Are you an organ donor?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 44 Replies

Why?  Why not?

by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

yes.. why not?  I don't need my organs after I die.  I want to help someone that does.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM
This. :-)

Quoting sjump25:

yes.. why not?  I don't need my organs after I die.  I want to help someone that does.

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I sure am!  If I can't use my organs when I'm gone, I don't have a problem with someone else being able to use them.

Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I can't be. I am diabetic and have a history of liver disease.I lost too much weight too fast and I didn't know it can cause fatty liver disease.

AJ-47
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Yes. I think it's a great thing to do for others. It's not like I'll be using them when I die, haha. =]
disneymom2two
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yes.  I can't imagine why someone would choose not to be, barring medical issues of course.  I can't use the organs after I'm dead; if I can help someone with mine, that's great.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Have you ever thought about donating your body to a med school?  I have a friend who's parents did that and the students were able to learn a lot about the diseases that they passed away from.

Quoting Donnah118:

I can't be. I am diabetic and have a history of liver disease.I lost too much weight too fast and I didn't know it can cause fatty liver disease.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I've been one since the very first time I got my ID. Unless something majorly medical wise changes in me, I will continue to be until the day I die.
Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I suppose I could. Hopefully that will be 50 years from now lol

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Have you ever thought about donating your body to a med school?  I have a friend who's parents did that and the students were able to learn a lot about the diseases that they passed away from.

Quoting Donnah118:

LML1
by Kristy on May. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

No, in fear that if I'm ever in the position that the doctors want to give up or keep on trying to save my life. They'll keep trying to save my life. However, I told my husband if a doctor or doctors' wanted to do a study/research on UC after I die, let them take what ever organs they wanted. Being that I'm on so many maintenance medications I could not donate anything to save anyone's life. But after I'm gone, they may be able to find the cause for UC and cure it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN