Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

school car line!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ok, mommy friends...
I'm at my children's school, I HATE the car line and some of the other parents just don't follow the rules!! I mean how hard can it be to pull up, pick up your child(ren) & keep moving!! oh and to top it all off my boyfriend didn't put any gas in the car I am on E ladies!!!
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jwaren
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM

If I want a place to park to pick up my son when the bell rings, I have to be there 30 minutes early.  Otherwise I spend 10 minutes waiting inline and pick him up 10 minutes late. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
My mom always used to wait at the back of the school buses. She said I was always the last kid out of the school, which I guess is true because I never had to wait for her and I always knew where she was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bursac
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I don't mind waiting in the line I just hate it when other parents cut in line, park their car and get out while it's still in line!, parks in the middle of the other lane and get out and get their kid this way if your kid is already in the car you can't go around the person in front of you to keep the Line moving.
Bursac
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM
It takes me 16 mins to get through the parking lot after I get my kids and its not big a big lot at all.
Boomboompow12
by New Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Parents at our school have to park and get out of their car to pick up their child as we dont have a line.  The kids who are "mom riders" have to wait in the cafeteria to be picked up by parent.  What we do have is a car drop off line in the mornings.  It goes pretty smoothly, BUT rules were established a few mos after school started.  Basically, no parent is to drop their child off before 8:30am (it happens everday as early as 8am!), but the busses do get there about 8:15am and wait till 8:18 before they even pull up to the school to drop the kids off (a few parents will sit in the drop off line and wait till the busses pull forward before letting their kids out of the car).  Parents are to drop child off at the proper spot, but parents are still dropping their child off two or three cars behind the ones in front of them allowing the child to walk behind parked cards and along side cars that are pulling forward to drop their child off, then proceeding to go around the two or three other cars (which is dangerous because kids do get out of the left side of their parents cars) and parents park to walk their child in the school and have to cross the path of the car going around.  For a while, they had a teacher stand out by where the kids were being dropped off and they would supervise the cars, open doors for the kids, make sure the kids are not getting hit by school busses while crossing the walk way to the school.

Maybe you should make a suggestion similar to ours.  Have a teacher or someone (parent volunteer) stand out by the cars to assist kids to the cars, monitor parents trying to drive around others, etc.  But a note does need to go out about hte rules and that fact that a volunteer will be standing by to make sure things go smoothly. :)

Jennyanne322
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM
So glad I don't have this problem. We don't do car lines here and DS is picked up by bus and brought to an after school sports program.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
That would be irritating!
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Our middle school has a line in which you have to get there 30 minutes beforehand or you are taking up space on the actual road (people driving have to drive around)
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Every 4 weeks I have a week of "parent pick up" duty... I dread it.

I see some SCARY things...
Bursac
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Boomboompow12: "Maybe you should make a suggestion similar to ours. Have a teacher or someone (parent volunteer) stand out by the cars to assist kids to the cars, monitor parents trying to drive around others, etc. But a note does need to go out about hte rules and that fact that a volunteer will be standing by to make sure things go smoothly. :)"

I did, I volunteered for two days, on the third day the principal told me that I couldn't be out there anymore do to liability reasons! I was so mad, I said then pay me. He said well that would be an option if they had the funding for it. Anyone could walk or drive up and pick up a kid & that scares me!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN