Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

$20M

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

You are given $20M but you have to use it in your community, what do you do with it?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campingmomof4
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I would use it for our veterans and active duty personal to fund programs for them and there families. 

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Donate it to the homeless shelter.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Hmmmm... Let me ponder for a bit...
sjump25
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I would help the schools
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Fund youth activities, veteran programs, and scholarships for older children in the state system.
JTMOM422
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

For the children of parents who lost their lives while serving the military. Too many gold star families here. Set up either college funds or money for them on their 21st bday

ilovemy3boys
by New Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

build a new park,   open a head start program, start a food bank,  fix up some of the older peoples homes.  Open a grocery store that doesnt tear u a new in with the prices.  open an after school program and help alot of my local farmers who are struggling.

prdmama82
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Donate to the food pantry, give to my church
gabeybaby07
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I would make a rec center for the inner city youth that offers free tutoring, a safe place to hang out, arcades, computer access and a gaming room, parenting classes for teen mothers, balancing a budget and basic living classes, resume writing and work place ettiquate classes, free drug counseling and a safe haven if there is abuse in the home and also access to a music studio under one condition - If they want to record, they can for free but they must take a class to use the equipment (offered at the center) or something geared towards a career in music production (aspiring rap artists are in abundance here), if they do not have their GED they must take the ged course offered at the center. To sustain itself in the future - all this will also be offered to adults 18 & over for a nominal fee. I would include educational feild trips and interesting things to do to get out from the urban setting as well. Just a safe, clean enviornment filld with resources to keep kids off the streets. I would also have a community roof top garden on the rood of the center - growing your own veggies is kind of hard when you're surrounded in concrete. I actually have put much thought into this. Me & dh discuss it frequently when we talk "if i won the lottery". If i were to ever win. I dont need a fancy house or a car. Just something suitable to live in and the rest would be invested in making my community a better place.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy land, build homes and use it for low income housing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN