Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Planning on moving from minnesota to nevada, where do we start?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

We want to live in Clark County for sure, town we're open, we want to be close to if not in Las Vegas...  My dh has had all manufacturing jobs, he works the punch press among many other things.  He's been at his current job for 15 years...  He's figuring probably same line of work.  Moving would be my dh, dd and four kitties, and we won't fly!  The fewer the trips the better, we both have health issues!  I just have no idea where to even start really.  I've looked up the cities I can, looked at jobs, but not sure where to look, or what to look for, dh wants me to look at jobs where he'll make a certain income per year, I don't even know if you can do that!  I'm getting frustrated because I feel like I'm no getting anywhere!!  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated, TY soooo much!!

by on May. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Monster.com
Careerbuilder.com
There's tons of job sites, but I prefer the two above. Lots of places do not disclose income until the interview.
When we moved from TX to AZ we came here while they were having a job fair and landed some interviews during our stay. Got a job and moved, luckily I had family here so we stayed with them for a week, then in hotels, till we found a house.
It's no easy task, that's for sure.
Las Vegas is awesome, it's my happy place! Some areas are shady though...
You can check out sites like citydata.com for city info regarding population and statistics and what not.
Good luck with your move!! :)
sabrtooth1
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Why would you move someplace you don't know, and have no job? Why leave a job you've had for years? And Vegas is a mess. Half finished construction everywhere. Vacant houses, gangs of kids roaming, only money is on the Strip- from tourists.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I have no advice, but I wanted to wish you lots of luck.
katye43
by New Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM

If you are intent on moving, be sure you have a job and home to go to first.  Then give away, sell, donate everything you havent used in a year.  I've moved 8 times in the past 8 years and I'm down to a table, 4 chairs, a lamp a chair, a couple folding chairs, a bed, small chest of drawers, and about 15 tubs of kitchen stuff, memorabilia, pictures, shoes, and purses.  It pretty much fits in a large van or pu. I gave my adult what they wanted when  I died so that's out of the way.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!  Life is too short as it is.have a nice day

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I don't really know much about Nevada, other than it's hot.  LOL

You might want to check out the Nevada Moms group.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM

just wondering......what made you think about and decide on nevada?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)