Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 21 Replies

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaffedrikke
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I hope so. Im probably over nice.
katye43
by New Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM

i think so.  I always go overboard tho and give too much.  I buy bulky things off eBay like pens, date books, etc. and then I want to share with every one. It's a curse my mom and grandmother passed down.  An overactive nurtureing gene.  If I could find it, I'd have it removed..lol.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!  Life is too short as it is.have a nice day

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I try.
AliKatAK47
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I think Im cool. My friends think I am awesome so I guess if I wasn't me I would want to be my friend.
sjump25
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Yes I feel like I definitely have

RighteousLove
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM

no not exactly. overall i'm nice. i'm shy though. backward. all the time. i dunno. but i do try to be. : ) 

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Absolutely!
punchnpie
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I try to be.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 13, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I think so but I am a pushover though

lovelychaos13
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM

yes i had been my whole life until last year. right after we lost our baby at 38 weeks pretty much all our friends and some family just went mia and didnt really bother talking with us even anymore. emma died from a birth defect which after testing we now know dh is a carrier for.

now i get how no one knows what to say  when someone loses a baby much less so close to due date, but they either said things  trying to minimise our loss like it wasnt  as much of a loss because she wasnt a live birth, ect  or they just never said a thing and have avoided us. a time when we have trully needed somthing trying to turn to others for emotional help and support and  they just vanish.

the one child loss support group in the area havent returned our call, our midwifes, our drs or our preists. we have tried getting help  through  seeing a shrink but no they either want  the amount of rent money every week (bit over 400) or they dont have someone on staff equipped to handle that or they are not taking on any new patients. everywhere we have turned and tried to get help has been a door slammed in our face. i see my preist about it because he doesnt charge anything and is more than happy to sit and talk and help us through this.

ive poured so much time , effort and even money at times helping out  friends, sure i always kept my shit straight and hadnt had to ask them for help, but this happened and  id really needed someone to talk to just emotional suppport  and they vanish or distance themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)