Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ugh.. Husbands

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

Is it normal for husbands to be jealous on mothers day?

It seems as if my husband is... I'm upset about this because I always make sure his birthdays and fathers days are special.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I think it depends on the guy.  Sounds like yours is feeling like he needs a bit of attention.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Every guy is different. That would really irritate me though. How would be feel if you acted like that on father's day?
villagemamma
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully my hubby isnt like that. I always make his birthday and fathers day over the top. I wish DH but as much thought into mothers day or my birthday as i do his special days

stephyk
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I don't know if it's normal but I know I would be upset too. Maybe you should asked him. 

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I gave mine what he wanted before we got up this morning. That should tide him over for 'my' day now LOL. Im getting what I want anyway. He leaves for work this afternoon so I get a quiet evening after I put the kids to bed :D

JCPenny
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

The fact is, you can never know why a man is acting the way he does. There are times my husband seems to be acting jealous or mean, when in fact he is avoiding me because he doesn't know how to handle a certain situation. In that case, make it known what you want- my husband knows I love cappuccino: he knows the place I love them from and the flavors I like. When he brings me one I go overboard with the "happy" (clapping my hands and telling him how much I love him). It can work in different situations.

If he is infact jealous, I, personally, would make this father's day the best he's had. The kids would make homemade cards and cookies, and I would buy charcoal and steaks so he could grill. I would even splurge and buy a couple 2 liters of Coke. That's what he likes and we can't do that often, so that would make him feel special.

No matter what the reason, guys can't read minds. They need to hear what you want and what you like- not in a demanding way. But, it makes it easier on them. And every now and again, you have to stroke their ego!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I have to be honest and say that is not a normal reaction to Mother's Day...
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM
My husband is never jealous on Mother's Day, and I am never jealous on Father's Day.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on May. 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I hear you!

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Men are such strange creatures...so you never really know what's going on with them!!

I do not think it's ok for him to be jealous of you on your day though, that's kinda strange.

Hope he turned his attitude around for you! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)