Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Leave it to my mother to be a complete BRAT on mother's day

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 27 Replies

So for whatever reason, nobody in our family made any plans for mother's day.  We are all kind of busy right now, yada yada...  Dh emails my sister on Friday (we all work for the same school district, so it was an internal email that was convenient) and asks if she wants to come over for Mother's day.  He said we would invite his mom, my mom, and my sis/her husband/ new baby. 

She said great. 

I had no idea he even sent the email, but told me about it when I got home.  I called my mom and my sister had already let my mom know.  (She is watching my sister's new baby while she works until the end of the school  year, so she told her when she picked up her baby).

I called my mom to see if she was in, she said yes, she already knew - all was good.  We even talked about her bringing her friend with her if she was alone on mother's day.

Dh and I have been cooking and cleaning for this afternoon.  Got gifts for the moms, etc.. 

I call my mom just now to see if she could grab a salad as she is out and about and she gives me a horrible attitude.  All of a sudden she is saying "you know - I never even got a formal invite to this" and other nasty, similar things..  I said what in the WORLD are you talking about - this was dh's idea on Friday afternoon b/c no one else had figured anything out!  I called you Friday afternoon to invite you!  We DISCUSSED this.  She continued on with her "martyr, martyr" attitude.

Sigh.  She is sadly a juvenile, self-centered person very often.  I was just hoping it would not rear it's ugy head on mother's day. 

by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
villagemamma
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ugg my mother is being the same way. Dh and i invited her to come over and BBQ with us. Been talking about it for a week +. I went to confirm with her yesterday and it was all "well if im feeling up for it, Its mothers day after all i shouldnt be the one having to go anywhere or do anything". SO ANNOYING! yes it is mothers day and guess what i am just as much of a mother as she is. She honestly thinks i should have been the one to rearrange my plans, pack up my four year old, and waddle my pregnant butt over to her house because she doesnt want to drive 5 mins...

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 12, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Never mind that you planned are supplying the meal!!!

What the heck???? I feel your pain!!!!!

Quoting villagemamma:

Ugg my mother is being the same way. Dh and i invited her to come over and BBQ with us. Been talking about it for a week +. I went to confirm with her yesterday and it was all "well if im feeling up for it, Its mothers day after all i shouldnt be the one having to go anywhere or do anything". SO ANNOYING! yes it is mothers day and guess what i am just as much of a mother as she is. She honestly thinks i should have been the one to rearrange my plans, pack up my four year old, and waddle my pregnant butt over to her house because she doesnt want to drive 5 mins...

villagemamma
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That was my thoughts exactly. I didnt ask her to do anything or even bring anything and she lives literally 20 blocks away. I really didnt think it was that much of an inconvenience

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting villagemamma:

CafeMom Tickers
BKozICan
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I called to wish my mother a happy mother's day and was kinda glad she didn't pick up. She's kinda been a bitch for the last year since she decided to get married again. Whatever.....I'll drop a card in the mail tomorrow.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Hugs mama - I feel your pain!

Let's not let them ruin our day!!!!

Quoting villagemamma:

That was my thoughts exactly. I didnt ask her to do anything or even bring anything and she lives literally 20 blocks away. I really didnt think it was that much of an inconvenience

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting villagemamma:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I've tried calling my mom twice to no avail. I said Happy Mother's Day to her voicemail the second time. I wish we lived closer to each other. I'd go with her to her favorite restaurant that I sent a giftcard for. Her fiancé despises the place :(
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
She came over and apologized. She had some drama with a friend, apologized for acting bitchy and taking it out on me.

Hey - works for me. I said thanks - no worries - and we all had a nice day.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry she acted that way it can be frustrating

sjump25
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:35 AM

That really sucks :/  I'm sorry

sjump25
by on May. 13, 2013 at 7:37 AM

That's good :)

Quoting Kris_PBG:

She came over and apologized. She had some drama with a friend, apologized for acting bitchy and taking it out on me.

Hey - works for me. I said thanks - no worries - and we all had a nice day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN