Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

my baby's haircolor ?

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 21 Replies
Just curious , iam a strawberry blonde- brown eyebrows , strawberry blonde hair ,arm hair is light blonde with hint of red of the sunlight hits it right , and my leg hair , when it grows out prickly is brown. So I'm guessing I carry the red & brown gene ? My boyfriend has dark brown hair . I THINK his dad carries the red gene because my boyfriends half sister has red hair .but no one else does . What do yall think ?
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Who knows...

Genes are crazy! :)

PurpleHazey
by Angie on May. 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I always heard it runs in the female side.

ihave1
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I just know   if someone in your family has red hair means your kids can have it. Won't matter if you do  or not.  I use to babysit for this lady her and her dh both had dark brown hair & all three of their kids had   red hair.  lol

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

My sil has blonde hair and her ex has black. Both their babies came out with red hair. She was pissed,lol.

Quoting ihave1:

I just know   if someone in your family has red hair means your kids can have it. Won't matter if you do  or not.  I use to babysit for this lady her and her dh both had dark brown hair & all three of their kids had   red hair.  lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Now both my dh and I have brown hair, we were blondes as kids, and our kids came out with blonde curly hair and straight brown hair.

jessi2girls
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM

For all you know s/he may end up with black hair! That will blond out for a little bit, then go back to a darker red brown.

Or they may be bald as babies!

Hair is fun like that :). 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I never try to guess at haircolor. My mom's hair is medium brown, my father's hair is dark brown, and I was born with black hair. My hair went from black to cornstraw blonde before I was a year old, and stayed that way for over a decade. Now, it's a dark blonde to light brown.
ihave1
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

lol why was she pissed?  

Quoting paganbaby:

My sil has blonde hair and her ex has black. Both their babies came out with red hair. She was pissed,lol.

Quoting ihave1:

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM

My bonus son has red hair so does the BM all of her kids have red hair the baby daddies have either blonde or dark brown hair - genes are crazy like one momma said!

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I guess because of the stigma of being a red head. I don't know. She's an idiot,lol. I think her dd's hair is beautiful. I get soo many compliments when I babysit her. And the baby too of course :-)

Quoting ihave1:

lol why was she pissed?  

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting ihave1:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)