Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That heart stopping moment..........

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 13 Replies

That heart stopping moment when the school calls and the caller says "this is the school guidance counselor and I wanted to talk about Chris" and your heart leaps in your chest and you begin praying in your mind instantly and then she says "nothing is wrong but I wanted to touch base with you about planning his 504 plan for next year. Chris is a great kid and his teachers report he is doing great and has a great outlook and is a great kid" and then your heart goes from the depths of deep heart wrenching oh no, to the heights of praising God for what He has done in our child. Yep.........it was that kind of thing. God is good.

by on May. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

simple smileThat's fantastic!

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Very nice and way to go Chris!!!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

very nice

ihave1
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Awesome.   I hate that feeling.  

PinkButterfly66
by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM

My daughter had a really horrible 1st grade teacher.  The school called ALL the time. It got to the point that I felt dread every time the phone rang.  We moved and she's been in a few different schools since then (she's in 9th now) and I've only had a couple of calls from the school.  Only one was serious (they were concerned about her grades in middle school).  But during the school day, and the phone rings, I still get twinges sometimes waiting for the caller id to light up and tell me who is calling.  

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 14, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I think we all get that twinge when it is the school calling.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

My daughter had a really horrible 1st grade teacher.  The school called ALL the time. It got to the point that I felt dread every time the phone rang.  We moved and she's been in a few different schools since then (she's in 9th now) and I've only had a couple of calls from the school.  Only one was serious (they were concerned about her grades in middle school).  But during the school day, and the phone rings, I still get twinges sometimes waiting for the caller id to light up and tell me who is calling.  

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Thanks y'all.  When it was the school counselor called first thing that leapt in my mind is that he had been bullied. You see, he is only 49 inches and a little over 50 lbs due to a genetic condition. He doesn't let it bother him but we all know it makes you a target if you are smaller than everyone else.  She said he has such a friendly and outgoing personality that it helps him.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on May. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Atleast you know she/he is doing there job

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Woohoo! Gotta love positive phone calls!!!!!

Quoting Thelmama:

Thanks y'all.  When it was the school counselor called first thing that leapt in my mind is that he had been bullied. You see, he is only 49 inches and a little over 50 lbs due to a genetic condition. He doesn't let it bother him but we all know it makes you a target if you are smaller than everyone else.  She said he has such a friendly and outgoing personality that it helps him.

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM

How awesome, good news is much better then bad of course!

Unfortunately the school principal calls me way too much for my son...I'm sure they have me on speed dial! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)