Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How he dressed to go to school............

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

They had history day today at school. The kids all dressed up as historical figures. They did a paper on their character, which was handed in yesterday. Here is my son, dressed as King Arthur. Why didn't they do this stuff when I was in school?? So muh fun. Oh and his best friend was Leonardo Da Vinci. Can't post his picture, but they were cute getting on the bus, King Arthur and his pal Leonardo. LOL. The bus driver asked my dh "what's going on"?  My dh said they have history day at school. The bus driver pointed over his shoulder with the thumb and said "good to know I got lots of clowns back there". LOL LOL LOL

M86u2ewo4siqlfnwse82uiqn67sul852

by on May. 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommy51006
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Cute!

Lorik1969
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I love it! Sometimes I really miss elementary school days!
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Here it is middle school. 6th through 8th grade are dressing up for history day, but yes on both counts, middle school and elementary school is so much more fun than when I was a kid. I am 45, trust me school is way different than when I was a kid. LOL

Quoting Lorik1969:

I love it! Sometimes I really miss elementary school days!

Lorik1969
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I actually meant my kids elementary days lol. My yougest is in 7th grade and they don't do that stuff anymore. I'm 43, so I know exactly what you mean. No way would I want to be in school in this day and age!
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, LOL......yeah I hear ya. Mine are growing up too fast.  Yes, you got that right. We didn't face what our kids face today. Mine are 6,9, and 12.  

And now what you said makes perfect sense........I need MORE coffee.  LOL

Quoting Lorik1969:

I actually meant my kids elementary days lol. My yougest is in 7th grade and they don't do that stuff anymore. I'm 43, so I know exactly what you mean. No way would I want to be in school in this day and age!

sjump25
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww how fun!

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I wish I could so see them all dressed up. I just don't think my 12 year old wants his Mommy to show up with a camera at school. LMBOsidesplittinglaughter

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

That's adorable!  Love his choice of King Arthur!

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Thank you. The school website showed some other's that picked King Arthur and their costumes are bought. Now, I may be showing bias here but I so think the homemade costumes are so much better and so cool.  I mean the bought ones are cool and what not and so much easier, but this was fun helping him come up with it and helping him get it all together and making stuff. We borrowed the shield from a neighbor.  His sword is carboard, duct tape and tinfoil. LOL

Quoting amonkeymom:

That's adorable!  Love his choice of King Arthur!

notadramamama
by Tina on May. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)