Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MacBooks and iPhones

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

I got a Macbook Pro because we NEEDED another computer in the house.  The kids were fighting everyday (screaming and clawing) over mine because they are finally at an age where their schoolwork incorporates computer work each and everyday.  So we got a GREAT deal from ebay for a used Macbook Pro (used) with lots of software that I will be using as I return to school for my PhD program this fall.  I got an iTunes gift card for Mother's Day that can be used for both apps for my iPhone AND programs for my Macbook.

What would you recommend??  I love playing games, but not really into strategy games (like Temple Run).  I have a supped up word processing program that I ADORE for my computer that I use to journal and one to make my website (shameless plug here).  

What else??  GIVE ME IDEAS!  Productivity? Reference? Games? Lifestyle? 

by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I have IconPopQuiz, SongPop, Flow Free and Flow Free: Bridges, Words With Friends, Word Search, Where's Perry?, Mahjongg, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, KidsDoodle, 4 Pics, 1 Word, Cryptogram, Ancient Cryptogram, another Cryptogram, Sketch Guru, and Cut The Rope on my Droid.  Not sure if those can be gotten on an iPhone or Mac though.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM

not sure.  I have apps on my tablets and computer but I always go for the free games.

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

No idea, I'm too poor to afford anything with an Apple icon! ;)

AlyssaN
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I have Candy Crush and Smurf's Village for my only games. I use Cafemom, Facebook, and Pinterest the most. All of my apps are free and I use iTunes cards for music. I do have shutterfly for my son's little league team so I can keep track of games and practices.
The free flashlight app is great for when you need light.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I am bad - i use the free apps - but here is a bump!

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Free apps are good!  Never knock the free apps!

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Have you ever tried appsfire?  It is an app the lists free and discounted apps!  I have found some pretty cool (and some really dumb) apps!  There is a REALLY fun He-Man one that was free a few weeks ago!

Quoting AlyssaN:

I have Candy Crush and Smurf's Village for my only games. I use Cafemom, Facebook, and Pinterest the most. All of my apps are free and I use iTunes cards for music. I do have shutterfly for my son's little league team so I can keep track of games and practices.
The free flashlight app is great for when you need light.

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Used and refurbished is the only way to go!

Quoting bigmama423:

No idea, I'm too poor to afford anything with an Apple icon! ;)

sjump25
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Ditto. lol

Quoting hayliedlr:

not sure.  I have apps on my tablets and computer but I always go for the free games.

anotherandree
by Inga on May. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM

If you have an iPhone there is a ridiculously addicting game called Flower Garden.  I swear all you do is "plant" seeds, "water" them a few times a day for a couple of seconds, then you can "send a bouquet" to friends.  It's totally free!

Quoting sjump25:

Ditto. lol

Quoting hayliedlr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)