Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

It's so hard to trust...Update

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 9 Replies
Anyone other than my mom and mil with my kiddos when I'm not around.

I'm at a retreat with some ladies from my church and DD14 tripped and hurt her ankle at home. DH is home with all 3 DD's and he's a great Dad, but when I ask him, "How's her ankle?" and his response is, "Looks like an ankle", it doesn't make me feel at peace. Ugh...details would help.

Guess I'll decide whether I think she needs to see a doc tomorrow afternoon.

UPDATE:

I'm home and it's been 24 hours since the injury occurred. There is still swelling and pain, but no bruising and she is able to hobble on it. I'm not sure she really needs to see the doctor, but I'm taking her anyway.

My mom's opinion is, "You don't know if she needs a doctor until she has an X-ray. And to do that she needs to see a doctor.".
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
So you trust your mom and mil, but not your dh?

Why not? That must br very difficult...

Why not ask one of them to go stop by and check on her?

But seriously - have you thought of ways to improve things with him so you trust him with your kids?
Stelley
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My mom's a nurse and doesn't live very close to us. My mil lives just down the road and is actually at the retreat with me.

My mil would give me details and ask what I want her to do. I trust my DH, it's just that he doesn't give details or ask what I want done.

I'm the type that would go to the doc for peace of mind and he's the type that would tell them to rub some dirt on it (figuratively speaking).

I just worry. I know if he thought it were bad enough he would take her in.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on May. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Maybe she just twisted it, if it was hurt really bad she couldn't walk on it.

sjump25
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I hope her ankle is ok

Stelley
by New Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
CareNow xrayed her ankle. No fractures. She does have a sprain and needs to wear the lace-up brace for a week. She's okay...and Dad was...this is so hard to say...

Dad was right.
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I don't trust anyone, with anything!
Glad her ankle's ok!! :)
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 19, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Glad her ankles ok.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Better safe than sorry!

Stelley
by New Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Thanks everyone!  2 days after the initial injury and she is walking great--with her brace.  I am glad I took her so that she could hear from the doctor that she is really okay.  It's just scary not knowing.

Yesterday, while I was still gone, DH took her to the high school for her band registration (she'll be a freshman in the fall) and then they went to a car show in the afternoon.  She got to sit behind the wheel of a 1964 Studebaker Lark.  They really had a great day, and I think the reason it was still so swollen when I got home was because of all the walking they'd done.  I'm glad he was right and I'm glad they took that time together...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)