Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

anxiety

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

hi everyone.  im 42 and have 8 weeks left of my pregnancy.  I failed my 1 hour glucose test.  Am now awaiting the resultsof my 3 hour.  My anxiety and nervousness has skyrocketed.  I have since changed my diet and have cut out most carbs and sugars.  I have stopped taking my lexapro because of being pregnant and I think all my anxiety is comming back.  I worry about most things other moms wouldnt even notice...  silly things.. then i consume myself with those minor symptoms and it leads me into thinking of worse case senerios...

by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jade3019
by New Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Girl, I understand, Anxiety is tough, I have it and also my 20 year old daughter has well (hers is a little worse than mine).  Are you seeing a counselor or anything?  I know there are mental excercises you can do to help with your anxiety; I know you are pregnant but are you fit enough to walk, physical exercise can also help with your anxiety, but I know you may be limited on what you can do.  Give those ideas a shot, I know it must be very stressful for you. I hope you get some relief from your worries.  Take Care.

JCPenny
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Rescue Remedy! I can't say enough about that stuff!

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, but you're doing all the right things as far as changing your diet, etc. 

I'm sure you're really glad that you're nearing the finish line in your pregnancy.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 20, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I'm sorry momma - I feel your pain on the anxiety.

Have you called your doctor to get the results of the 3 hour test?
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I understand.
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
..And I hated those tests!! I've never passed the hour one.

Hope you get some help with your anxiety! Good luck!

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, but you're doing all the right things as far as changing your diet, etc. 

I'm sure you're really glad that you're nearing the finish line in your pregnancy.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I have anxiety bad. Gloria with everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britadams10
by New Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I have horrible anxiety too, i am 5 months pregnant with my second and i find things to worry about on a daily basis. i just try really hard not to think about it. i try to get out and take a nice walk everyday and a relaxing bath.. maybe you could try it too! it seems to help. good luck with everything! sounds like you are doing what you need to do to make it better momma! : )

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I clean when I have anxiety. Try to take my mind off it. :-\
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN