Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Found a small lump on my face

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

So a couple days ago I felt a small lump on my face, right in front of my ear. Ever since turning 30 I've had these terrible acne break outs and thought it was simply another large zit, from the underneath the skin. After a couple days though, it showed none of the typical signs of a zit that would eventually pop and i realized it was a lump. This afternoon I saw my General Practitioner who said he thought it might be a swollen lymph node even though when he looked at my ears and throat there was no sign of infection. So  now I've scared myself looking things up online (of course!) and am scared in might be a parotid tumor (which would require surgery for removal, cancerous or not) or a sign of another kind of cancer like lymphoma. Have any of you ever found a lump, in front of your ear, that eventually has gone away? I am hoping the antibiotics I've been put on work to get rid of the lump and I find out it was just an infection all along!!

by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM
It's probably nothing, maybe a small cyst. It will likely go away, but you did the right thing by having it checked out.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 22, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Glad that it isn't worse than it is!
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

sounds like a cyst

scary though

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Stop googling!!!

It sounds like a cyst to me as well.  I tend to get cystic acne and it doesn't always work it's way to the surface but feels like a painful small lump until it goes away.

sjump25
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I agree... stop googling!  it will make you crazy!  I would just keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go away after meds go back and get it checked out.  Sounds like a cyst to me, but i'm no dr.

Deee6
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I actually had a small lump right in front of my ear. It sounds like the same as yours. I went to dr and they sent me to plastic surgeon to have it removed. Lots of nerves surrounding that site so that is why a plastic surgeon. They sent it off for testing and it ended up being a sweat gland that had gotten blocked. Weird, I know but really relieved it was nothing.

turtlebunny11
by New Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Quoting Deee6:

I actually had a small lump right in front of my ear. It sounds like the same as yours. I went to dr and they sent me to plastic surgeon to have it removed. Lots of nerves surrounding that site so that is why a plastic surgeon. They sent it off for testing and it ended up being a sweat gland that had gotten blocked. Weird, I know but really relieved it was nothing.

i would be really thankful if that's all it is. i am still taking my antibiotics, 3rd day of a 10 day rx and the bump is still there :( 

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I'd see another doctor if I were you. Good luck, hope it's nothing!!

turtlebunny11
by New Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

well some good news... after a week of being on antibiotics and the lump staying the same, i woke up this morning and it feels SMALLER! hoping it continues to shrink...

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Good news!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN