Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Be still my heart.............

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son asked if he could give a girl his phone number because she gave him hers.  I said yes. Now he is talking to a girl from school. He will be 13 in October.  They grow up so fast.....well, actually I think he is texting her. LOL

by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Oh dear!!!!
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM

She seems like a nice girl. I have her on my fb and I can watch and supervise from afar that way. She never posts anything inappropriate very much the innocent 12 year old girl.  My son knows I will  monitor all text conversations etc.  But, I guess this is akin to the notes we used to pass in class and have a do you like me  or not like me box, please check.  LOL Just the 2013 version. LOL

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Oh dear!!!!

sjump25
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww  :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I'm sure it is the modern day equivalent!

I meant "oh dear" in the " holy cow they are growing up" kind of way!!!

Quoting Thelmama:

She seems like a nice girl. I have her on my fb and I can watch and supervise from afar that way. She never posts anything inappropriate very much the innocent 12 year old girl.  My son knows I will  monitor all text conversations etc.  But, I guess this is akin to the notes we used to pass in class and have a do you like me  or not like me box, please check.  LOL Just the 2013 version. LOL

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Oh dear!!!!

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I know. I am just all sentimental. I understood.....I just can't believe it and decided to take a trip down our equivalent of memory lane. LOL

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I'm sure it is the modern day equivalent!

I meant "oh dear" in the " holy cow they are growing up" kind of way!!!

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Oh dear!!!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww, sweet! :)
missg8
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Time flies.

natural_s
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Cute, but this is why my 13yr old don't have a cell, or any social networking account yet because I am not ready for all of that, lol. Someone wants to call you will be calling the house phone for now, lol.

Sweet though.

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have a house phone.  His grandparents gave him the phone for Christmas. We agreed because of the fact he is so much smaller than the average 12 year old. He wears a boys size 7. We wanted him to be able to get help in a bullying situation since often cries for help can go unheard. He has very limited access on his phone.  It was all innocent.  Both of them are very innocent 12 year olds.  He knows he can't "date" until he is much older. As long as calls and texts are appropriate and he obeys our cell phone rules we are good. We have pretty strict cell phone rules and time limits etc. So far so good.

Quoting natural_s:

Cute, but this is why my 13yr old don't have a cell, or any social networking account yet because I am not ready for all of that, lol. Someone wants to call you will be calling the house phone for now, lol.

Sweet though.

bottomline
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him girls have cooties! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN