Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Help! How do you do it? *Not for queazy tummys*

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 11 Replies

1 am- DH is away and the 5 of us at home have the vomiting bug. I was ok when DD6 and DD3 seemed to be coming down with something even though I had a bad cold too, but tonight with DS tossing and turning and DD9months and I tandum hurling, Im not doing so great. She cant get back to sleep and just bights me if she trys to feed. Im worried that Im losing precious sleep that should fill my reserve energy stores and help me get better.I hate it because Im usually the strong 1.

Midday - Luckily my grandparents bought supplies, as I was out of pain killers, and I can only handle lemonade and cold tea. Hopefully Im feeling better by the time DH gets home tonight.

How do you all cope?

by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Llike you , just get through it aNd hope the washer and dryer don't break down.
JCPenny
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Prayer and hot showers!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Somehow, I just do. Don't ask my husband for help though, especially if he's sick too. He's more of a baby than any of the rest of us.
bottomline
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I love the smell of vicks vap o rub so if I put just a touch of that under my nose, it helps a lot! Pray the washer keeps going and disinfect the first chance you get. Poor thing, I hope you are all feeling better this afternoon.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I don't know with 4 kids this has never happened to me.  The oldest sixteen the youngest 15mo's.

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I'm glad your grandparents brought you some supplies and hopefully a little bit of respite.

I hope you're all feeling better today.

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Ditto!!

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm glad your grandparents brought you some supplies and hopefully a little bit of respite.

I hope you're all feeling better today.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM

luckily I don't get sick much other than allergies

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

oh and I hope you and your family get to feeling better

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Thank you everyone :) we are a lot better. Luckily it seemed to be a 24 hour bug. We're just left with a cold from not enough sleep
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)