Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

single mom in need of help.

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello,

My name is Sarah and I'm a single mom of a very loving and challenging 3 (almost 4) year old named Carson.  I have the typical challenges with him that I think every parent has but to add to it I just found out this week that I might have cervical cancer and my world has been ripped apart.  I'm in fear of everything now.  I'm terrified of what could happen if I for whatever reason don't make it.  My son's father has not been in the picture from the beginning and all he has is me in this world and I just don't know what to think.  Please if you have any advice or thoughts or can send your prayers I would greatly appriciate it.  Thank you.

Sarah 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
want10more
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:30 AM
3 moms liked this

step by logical step. find your support system. friends? family? who would you leave Carson's care to? who  would make you most comfy leaving your baby to? talk to them, make sure they're ready. spend more time w/ them, around Carson, to make HIM comfy. ok that part's done. now you know he'll be ok. now it's time to center your world around you. you MIGHT have cancer, you might not. but use your support system to help you until you know. if you are fine, God willing, then ok. you have still set up your baby for life. if you DO have cancer, it doesn't mean a death sentence. the person/s you picked for Carson can now help you out thru treatments, etc.

and of course my prayers and thots go out to you. now and always.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on May. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this

my thoughts and prayers goes out to you Sarah!  i agree w/want10more, pls find support system, family, friends and even a support group for women like you, believe me, im sure you are NOT alone.....hugs!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I agree with the others. *hugs*
massenberg
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the ladies also .thats the best way to go. I will keep you and your son in prayer.

bottomline
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Def get your support system on alert. Discuss the important topics with them and make sure every one understands your wants and expectations for care of your son. It may NOT be cancer and I am sending prayers your way that it isn't.  If it is, you will need your support system more then ever before. You are a single Mom so you are a tough, independent gal, and will get through this sitch with strength and determination.  Good luck.

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

praying

Kellyjude1
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sending prayers your way.....Stay strong....little Carson will give you the amazing strength to get through this!  Please if ever you need a friend or just someone to listen you can message me.  My heart goes out to you....We are all here if you need us.hugs 

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I agree with the other ladies as well. Sending good vibes your way!

Mommy2fourchics
by New Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Kellyjude1:

I am sending prayers your way.....Stay strong....little Carson will give you the amazing strength to get through this!  Please if ever you need a friend or just someone to listen you can message me.  My heart goes out to you....We are all here if you need us.hugs 

this!
Taj7
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
God can heal. Nothing is too big for God. He will give you all the strength that you will need. Call upon the Lord, call his name and I promise you he will see you through.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN