Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's to.... ! Whose memory are you toasting to this weekend?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

Let's have a toast to the memory of those who have fought for our freedoms.  

by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I'm raising my amaretto sour to... my grandfather, H.J.O.  We love and miss you Grandpa!

delilahsmom1177
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My uncle was in the military when he passed on. He was not killed in war or anything but he had a brain anursym and died becaue they wouldn't let him go home when he complained of sever headaches. Also may not have passed on but my friend Sal almost did and got a purple heart and bronze star.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on May. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.  And, a big thank you to your friend Sal.  My dad is also a purple heart vet.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

My uncle was in the military when he passed on. He was not killed in war or anything but he had a brain anursym and died becaue they wouldn't let him go home when he complained of sever headaches. Also may not have passed on but my friend Sal almost did and got a purple heart and bronze star.

delilahsmom1177
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Thank you. He was my great uncle and passed on when my mother was 2 months old. I never met him but have heard great things about him. I wish I met him.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.  And, a big thank you to your friend Sal.  My dad is also a purple heart vet.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on May. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Toast to my grandpa John. :-)
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM

A toast to my uncles... Thaddeus, Hank and Whitey.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
My great uncle, killed in ww1, a day after armistice.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on May. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM

My father

ddrw89
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM

My Grandpa who served in WWII.

lilia5
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

We'll be toasting to one of our best friends, Brian, who was passed away in Iraq a few years ago.

We met him and his wife in 1995 when they became our neighbors. They had a son aged 3, a daughter aged 2 and were expecting their third child. My oldest daughter was 2. Our children became best friends and since 1995, I have had a further four children and our neighbors, who are very much family to us, also expanded their family to 5 children. After Brian passed away, his wife remarried and gained two step children, who have become a very valued part of our extended family. Their eldest daughter (who, up until her death, was best friends with my daughter) is godmother to my three youngest children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)