Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Found Money - WWYD?

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Amy
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do with the money?

Options:

Give it to the cashier to (hopefully) return to the owner.

Keep it!

Depends on how much.

Other, please explain.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

This morning I ran to the grocery store and found some money laying on the floor in the check out lane.  I didn't keep it, would you have?

by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on May. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have gone to the service desk and told them about the found money.  I would have given them my contact info, in case anyone came in looking for the money.  The money would be put in an envelop and held, for a month.  If after 30 days, no one claimed it...I would use it.

Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Give it to the cashier/manager of store or someone in authority, which is what I teach my  kids too.

deadlights86
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM
You know they just stick it in the register right? I've been working as a cashier at Kroger for almost 9 years now. You can turn it in but its pretty unlikely you or anyone else will see it again.

Quoting offrdngal:

I would have gone to the service desk and told them about the found money.  I would have given them my contact info, in case anyone came in looking for the money.  The money would be put in an envelop and held, for a month.  If after 30 days, no one claimed it...I would use it.

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

That is exactly why I would give them my contact info only.  The money would be in an envelope..at my house.  LOL

Quoting deadlights86:

You know they just stick it in the register right? I've been working as a cashier at Kroger for almost 9 years now. You can turn it in but its pretty unlikely you or anyone else will see it again.

Quoting offrdngal:

deadlights86
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Oh ok I thought you meant they would hold it for a month.

Quoting offrdngal:

That is exactly why I would give them my contact info only.  The money would be in an envelope..at my house.  LOL

Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting offrdngal:

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I gave it to the cashier.  She thinks it belonged to the man who was her customer before me, who was on his way across the street to the car show and said she hoped he came back in so she could give it to him.

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh hell no!!  LOL  :)

Quoting deadlights86:

Oh ok I thought you meant they would hold it for a month.

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting deadlights86:

Quoting offrdngal:

bigmama423
by Liz on May. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
If it was loose money, I probably would have kept it. I highly doubt giving it to anyone else would have got it back to the owner. If it was a wallet, then I wouldn't keep...I'd give it to someone or locate the person myself to return it.
bigmama423
by Liz on May. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
This is a really good idea too..
This is much better than me, playing finders keepers losers weepers! ;)

Quoting offrdngal:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I am a very honest person, always have been. If I see who dropped it, I give it back. If I don't, I turn it in. At least that way I don't have a guilty conscious for taking it. If the person I gave it to *cashier, service desk, manager, etc* takes it, well they can be the one with the guilty conscious then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)