Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Hey perv! Quit looking at my daughter like that!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 81 Replies

I posted this in another group the other day, but wanted to get thoughts from you all too... 

I was at the grocery store with my kids on Saturday night (which oddly enough was crowded!) and some guy started chatting it up with my 15 year old daughter.

Sure, she's gorgeous but still.... she's obviously a teenager and she was there with her mom.  This man was in his 30s.  What's the deal?  

Anyone else dealing with anything like this?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My daughter's only 10, so I haven't had that experience with her yet.

But when I was your daughter's age, I had men being inappropriate with me ALL THE TIME.  It always made me uncomfortable.  I looked a lot older than I was all through my teens so maybe the men didn't realize who inappropriate they were, but still.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
4 moms liked this

I hate that!  My mom says she had to tell some perv to stop staring at me once when I was 12.  She told him "she's 12, look somewhere else" and I guess he was pretty ashamed when she did that.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Woah!

My oldest is 8 so I haven't dealt with anything like that yet!!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. My mom had to deal with the same thing when she took me places at that age too. Our newly 14 year old daughter and our 11 year old daughter get looked at and talked to lots.
colins_mom
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I got that when I was a young teen. my mom and I had a hell of a time getting a guy to leave mecalone in Claire's once. he apparently didn't believe me when I said I was 13
lifeforchrist
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM
3 moms liked this

disgusting what's wrong with men these days? Find someone your own age!

motherslove82
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I was in Chick-fil-a one day. I had been at work and was meeting my mom to pick the kids up. My 11 YEAR OLD daughter got out of the car and the two 19 or 20 year olds behind me started making comments "damn, she's hot", and so on. My jaw just about hit the floor. She ran in and threw her arms around me yelling "Mommy!". I wrapped my arms around her and glared at the boys. They quickly cleaned up their stuff and left. LOL. The looks on their faces were priceless.

She's beautiful, but she still looks 11 to me (she's almost 12 now). I was not prepared to hear boys talking about her that way. 

DBone_Holmes
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
3 moms liked this

You are her mother! Why didn't you walk up to them and say something like: "Excuse me, SIR. This is MY FIFTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. Don't you have something better to do?" - Something like that.. Then grab her by her hot little hand and walk away. One day, maybe even soon - she's going to strike up a conversation with a man and you won't be there to set limitations. 

wickedstepjenn
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I had to get verbally violent with a man looking and gesturing at my 10yr old. Shes developing and he was motioning to pull her shirt down! I said a few choice words then had security after him. We were at my dr's app!
KittenKrump
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

From the age of 12 and to about 20 I had men drooling all over me! I developed breast fast and early (I was a C by the time I was 13. Made my life Hell in school). It also didn't help that I would walk to the convenient store around the corner from my house with my little brother, who looks quite a bit like me, even when he was baby. My mom never had to say anything because I was usually quick to leave the "conversation".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN