Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, Don't Do That!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Liz
  • 13 Replies

This is my 21 month old's new saying!

She sounds adorable when she says it, but man it's becoming annoying hearing it all the time! ;)

Does your little one, not so little one, or other half, have a phrase or saying that irks you?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhiannonaisling
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

oh...my youngest says this whenever he is caught doing something he knows that he is not supposed to when he is verbally corrected...actually they all do and it is tiresome and earns automatic time outs.

sjump25
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM

My 3 year old daughter likes to yell "Don't hit me!" if I try to remove her from something she isn't supposed to do.  I am obviously NOT hitting her, but when she does it in public it is so embarrassing.  I don't want people to think I am hitting her!  She did it at my son's baseball game tonight.  She kept not listening and running off so my husband grabbed her by the arm and told her to sit down and she screams "NO DADDY!  DON'T HIT ME!  MOMMY DADDY HIT ME!"  He did NOT hit her or even grab her hard, but everyone looked :/  Ugh.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

They are so cute at that age.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My son use to say What! it was so cute.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Awesome... I hate that word!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Wow!

I've seen someone this somewhere else. I think it's on a local FB group I'm in. They have they same problem with their little one...Hope you kick that to the curb soon. I can only imagine how frustrating that is!!

Quoting sjump25:

My 3 year old daughter likes to yell "Don't hit me!" if I try to remove her from something she isn't supposed to do.  I am obviously NOT hitting her, but when she does it in public it is so embarrassing.  I don't want people to think I am hitting her!  She did it at my son's baseball game tonight.  She kept not listening and running off so my husband grabbed her by the arm and told her to sit down and she screams "NO DADDY!  DON'T HIT ME!  MOMMY DADDY HIT ME!"  He did NOT hit her or even grab her hard, but everyone looked :/  Ugh.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quoting PurpleHazey:

My son use to say What! it was so cute.

My 4yr old used to say that but he'd really draw it out like, whaaaaaat! Now he likes turning heads by saying, what the! I'm assuming people are expecting him to drop the F bomb. He doesn't, just likes saying, what the... ;)

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM

That's not cool! I love that word...I apologize cause I know I type that a lot! ;)

I hate the word stupid, and my kids love saying it...way too much. I'm having a hard time erasing it from their vocab!!

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Momofmenagerie
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
" oh no!" such drama, it sounds like he's put his hand on his forehead and gonna faint!
rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Oh no worries, I just think it's WAY over used.  

The word stupid is a pretty nasty one too.  

Quoting bigmama423:

That's not cool! I love that word...I apologize cause I know I type that a lot! ;)

I hate the word stupid, and my kids love saying it...way too much. I'm having a hard time erasing it from their vocab!!

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)