Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

People saying my kids are too skinny

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 17 Replies
My cousin and her husband (which has no kids) seems to wanna express their opinion to me that because I don't cook proper meals or buy the right kind of veggtables is why all 4 of my kids are thin..well they say too skinny...my kids are happy and healthly according to doctor and I don't know why I don't end up stopping people when they have upset me but I go home and I just get madder by the minute. Why do I do this to myself? Should someone's opinion really have me this crazy? Should I rethink my lack of good cooking OR just go ape shit? I know in my heart I am a great mother and give 100% to my kids at all times..I am who I am...I'm really hurt and mad at the same time..ugh maybe sleep will help
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM
There's a wrong kind of vegetable?
You should stand up for yourself when they disrespect you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM
3 moms liked this
The simplest way to handle is, " well, doc says they are fine and since he has a degree and a proper growth chart, I'm going to side with him" ( as you smile sweetly and excuse yourself )
Momofmenagerie
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:54 AM
4 moms liked this
Or you could be a bit more forward (snarky)in your MYOB statement with, " you know, I voiced your concerns to my pediatrician and he asked how much your children wiegh, when I told him you didn't have any, he kind of rolled his eyes and reiterated my children were in good health" ( smile sweetly and excuse yourself)
EireLass
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I would probably ask them to please buy me groceries. haha

My husband and his ex are very tall thin people. Naturally their 3 kids are tall and skinny. And now the grandchild is a skinny too. They eat like they have hollow legs. It's their genes, that's all. I think people have become all too accustomed to seeing FAT kids that they think anything else is unhealthy.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Give the comment all the consideration it is due... NONE.
bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I don't let stuff like that get to me. I could care less about what others think. Why waste your time and energy on their meaningless comments. :)
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I am the same way. Not sure why I never stand up for myself but I do eventually explode. I didn't know there was a wrong kind of veggie.
villagemamma
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:56 PM

People constantly say my dd is too skinny. Her and DH are both very tall and lanky people. I usually just ignore them. I hate this view that all kids need to be a little bit over weight in order to be "healthy".

Denisia1989
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I'm the same way. My daughter is 3 and she stays between 32 pounds in 38 pounds. Shes tall for her age( 38 1/4 inches)But I'm skinny and my daughters pedi says she is just fine on her weight. I try not to let it bother me . My own family tell me I'm to skinny and that I need to gain weight. It bothers me when they tell me to gain. I didnt know there was a wrong kind of veggie either.

CafeMom Tickers
ArmyGal
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My DD is 5 and weighs about 35lbs. Sometimes it goes up to 40lbs but she is thin and tall. I think people say something to me because I'm fat lol. Someone has even said to me, do you eat all of her food? Rude but I just ignore it. People going to think what they want regardless. Oh well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)