Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How many of the moms out here are dealing with ADHD in their daughters?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a child with ADHD?

Options:

Or a daughter with ADHD

Or a son with ADHD

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

Just wondering-how many moms out here in cyber land have daughters with ADHD.  confusedembarrassedshruggingblank stare

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hemlockprimrose
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a step son with a form of autism called Aspergers.. and he has ADHD.. he is 16 years old.... and boy it is hard at times..

bigmama423
by Liz on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
My girls no, my oldest son who's 8 has it, I'm not sure about my 4yr old son yet... :/
sabrtooth1
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have 2 dds with ADD, ODD, OCD... They are adults now, and successful.
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Daughter has ADHD, I am also ADHD, and dd's dad was ADHD and Aspergers, my dd has Aspergers as well. Ok I added extra info. lol

Tlsd91
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:23 AM
My daughter has it and so did my son. My son was diagnosed at age 5 and my daughter was diagnosed around age 9.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Our 12 year old daughter has ADHD and is bipolar. She takes after her daddy in so many ways.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:02 PM

This is another issue that is so common, just look and listen now do you really believe so many kids are treated for being ADD, ADHD, OCD, or ODD. I would have to question why so many kids are being treated for this...maybe a little more discipline should be in place instead of medicating their children.

wickedstepjenn
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I have ss and sd with adhd. Both not on meds. It can be challenging but they don't have a extreme case like my birth son did as a kid. Hes better now with age but still on meds as a adult.
sabrtooth1
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PurpleHazey:  This is another issue that is so common, just look and listen now do you really believe so many kids are treated for being ADD, ADHD, OCD, or ODD. I would have to question why so many kids are being treated for this...maybe a little more discipline should be in place instead of medicating their children.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  But before you broadcast an opinion that is unintelligent, uneducated, and offensive to anyone who has children with emotional and psychiatric disorders, you might want to think a moment about how it makes YOU look.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

DD has adhd or at least had it. It was a lot worse when she was younger. About Junior high was when she felt able to control it without meds. Now at 13, she's fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)