Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

How were you proposed to?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Amy
  • 30 Replies

I was just reading a story on my local news site about how a man proposed to his girlfriend via sticky note.

Pretty creative, huh?

How were you proposed to?  

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I was sitting on the bathroom counter at night in my Pizza Hut uniform, eating a personal pizza. Chris wanted to talk privately but all the rooms were taken.

So I'm sitting there and he says, "Annie, I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore." I'm shocked and ask, "Are you breaking up with me??" He gets on his knee, pulls out the ring and says, "No, I want you to be my wife." "Will you marry me?" I cry and jump up and down and say YES!!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

My exh took me for a walk near a lake and toward the end he turned and got down on one knee and proposed.

My older son's dad (we never got married) proposed while we were in his car.

iluv2read
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

To each his own, I suppose. Mine did it the old-fashioned way, by getting down on one knee and asking after we had dinner at a nice restaurant.

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

PINKmyfavcolor
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

He asked me in front of his parents at Thanksgiving.

LML1
by Kristy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Asked me on my 21st b-day on a dock overlooking the river.

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Not really, it was just assumed.

arthistmom
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

On bended knee, in a secluded cove by the sea at sunset.

coronado25
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I have been proposed to 6 times, engaged twice, married twice, divorced twice. I have a boyfriend who doesnt want to get married, but jokes about marrying and having children all the time. I am older than him and find his weird fixation on the topic amusing. I will marry again someday when hot younger boyfriend moves on. It will hurt like an sob but he deserves a wife and kids if he wants them but I am getting my time in first dammit! He is awesome! I picture myself sailing alot then on me own and meeting a nice old salty dog who thinks of me, atwhatever age I will be then...45? 50?, as a hot young thang. And we will spend the rest of our days grinning and cruising the Pacific half naked with cocktails in hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dibsy
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband jokingly proposed to me at the end of his driveway when he was fixing his speakers in his pick up, with a pick of speaker wire. Then on my birthday he stuck a promise ring in a frozen breakfast sandwich box and gave it to me outside near the fire where he was cooking me a steak. Not really a proposal on that one, and so when we found out I was pregnant we just decided, no real proposal, although he said he came up with something great that he's keeping in his pocket for an anniversary in a few years to renew our vows.
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I love your outlook!

Quoting coronado25:

I have been proposed to 6 times, engaged twice, married twice, divorced twice. I have a boyfriend who doesnt want to get married, but jokes about marrying and having children all the time. I am older than him and find his weird fixation on the topic amusing. I will marry again someday when hot younger boyfriend moves on. It will hurt like an sob but he deserves a wife and kids if he wants them but I am getting my time in first dammit! He is awesome! I picture myself sailing alot then on me own and meeting a nice old salty dog who thinks of me, atwhatever age I will be then...45? 50?, as a hot young thang. And we will spend the rest of our days grinning and cruising the Pacific half naked with cocktails in hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)