Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What do you do?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I make these big meals and half of it gets ruined. The kids don't like to eat what I make and I try to make stuff that they will like 2 out of 3 eat what I make but there is always that one that just doesn't want to eat. Do you make them eat what you make, do you make seperate things for the kid or kids who don't like what you are having? How do you handle it when your kids do not want to eat supper?
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I go through this every night. If they don't like what I make, their only other option is a pb and j.
sjump25
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to make my son a separate meal, but when my daughter came along I was OVER IT!  So our new rule was you eat what I make or you go hungry and you get no dessert.  They both went hungry a lot, but now my formally EXTREMELY picky eater eats what I cook 6 out of 7 nights a week.  SUCCESS!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Nope, my kids eat what I make.  They know if I make something they need to at least try a few bites and I always try to make sure there is something on their plate that they do like even if they don't like something else.

My mom used to give us double of whatever we complained about and we had to eat it all.

Marz31
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I only have one child and I know what she will and won't eat, altho I do give her things she doesn't necessarily eat and ask her to take "no thank you bites" because every once in a while, she'll like whatever it is. I don't tend to make things she won't eat at all with nothing else.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
If on the rare occasion our kids don't like what's made, they can make a sandwich.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)