Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Personal Question

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 40 Replies

How many of you have multiple credit cards?

Do you use them?

How much debt do you carry?

ME:

Yes. Last year we had to live off of them b/c of the economy! Ugg.. I had to by gas and groceries on them. I think that we're up to 15,000 in dept but slowly paying them off.

*I got a part time job

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saphira1207
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have a debit card which I've done on purpose.  I learned my lesson about credit cards the hard way many years ago.  I'm a debit or cash only woman now.

The only debt I have is student loans.  I plan on keeping it that way.

Allebas
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 credit cards. Only 2 of them currently have balances on them. Between the two, there is less than $300. They will be paid off tomorrow.

rfhsure
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I've never had a credit card, I don't have a bank account either. I always use cash.

Heidi615
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I have 1 major, 1 debit, and 3 department stores. My debt comes from buying a home and car. The others don't get used often. With the department store ones I use them to get extra % off and then pay it right then before I leave the store.

Mabuka
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM
No credit card for me!
Df has a couple but they have a couple hundred dollar limit on them.
sdbrowneyez
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Same here.

Quoting Saphira1207:

I only have a debit card which I've done on purpose.  I learned my lesson about credit cards the hard way many years ago.  I'm a debit or cash only woman now.

The only debt I have is student loans.  I plan on keeping it that way.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Not me I pay cash or I don't need it!

sjump25
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We don't have credit cards and the only debt we have is our house.

sunshinemary
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I have one debit card that was issued through this discount/savings club I signed up for.  I use it to pay my membership fees and get paid commissions with it.  If I use it to make purchases at places I already shop, like Target, Walmart, Home Depot...etc, I get a pretty good discount and I get cash back (up to 40% at some stores if I purchase something online and pick it up at the store.  I ended up cancelling my other debit cards.

Years ago, though I was in debt over my head.  Had a Daycare and they kept giving me cards, raising my limit....uggghhh...   13 credit cards....over $100,000 in debt, with interest.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM
We have probably 7 major credit cards. We use them all the time. They get paid off in full every month so we have 0 debt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)