Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Times and CO's

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 2 Replies

My ex texts me and asks if he can keep our son until 9pm tomorrow I told him no that it is a little too late. He got mad at me and started swearing on texts. I told him I am going to start saving his texts and file in court. My opinion is 9 is a little late for a 6 year old. I don't even keep my son out that late. Usually I don't keep him out past 7pm.

My son is the type if he is out late he will not go to bed and he will be awake all night. I told my ex the most I could do was let him keep him until 7 and he said that isn't good enough. I am trying to really try to get along but he is making it hard. So what should I do? 

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Does your ex make it a common practice to keep your son out/up later (or ask if he can do so)?  If it's not something he normally does, I probably would've let him do it.  It's kind of a pick your battles scenario really... 

Maybe he could let him stay the night so that he has to be the one to deal with your son's sleeplessness?

AAP1988
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

He doesn't want to keep him overnight because he says he needs his rest so I pretty much told him return our son at 7. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Does your ex make it a common practice to keep your son out/up later (or ask if he can do so)?  If it's not something he normally does, I probably would've let him do it.  It's kind of a pick your battles scenario really... 

Maybe he could let him stay the night so that he has to be the one to deal with your son's sleeplessness?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)