Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Odd compliments

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
I've seen them on Pinterest- funny little compliments that are...well...odd. But nothing compares to actually receiving an odd compliment in your everyday life.

My husband is the king of odd compliments. Several days ago we were talking about a woman on the news that he finds attractive that I just can't see as being all the pretty. He said he liked her teeth (he's an odd one) and I asked him out of all the things he says about why he finds women good looking, why none of them apply to me.

So he said I was a perfect bale of hay. He had just baled his farm and said he did several bales and the first one was perfectly round, the twine went on just right, the arms of the baler worked right and it came out great. The next one was ok, but went around too many times and was misshapen. The one after that, the twine messed up and the arms wouldn't go in right. I was that first bale of hay.

It was endearing, but what an odd little compliment. Sometimes he busts out the "you're weird but I like that" and other gems but sometimes he just cracks me up. Anyone else have an odd complementer on their hands?
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I love his description for you.  :)

merryvoice
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, he definitely compliments on odd things! I love it. And I absolutely love his description of you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN