Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you date or marry someone shorter than you? Take my poll!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you feel about men who are shorter than you?

Options:

I have no problem being in a relationship with a man who is shorter than me.

I would date a short man, but not marry him.

I have dated a shorter man in the past, but prefer taller guys.

I would never, ever date, marry or get into a relationship with a man who is shorter than me.

Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

My husband of twenty-six years is two inches taller than me.  He's a really great guy . . . but I know that if he had been an inch shorter than me, I would have had trouble looking past that. I'm not sure I would have even dated him.

Shallow?  Yes, I admit it.

Would you get into a relationship with a man who is shorter than you?

Take my poll!

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tntmom1027
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I have dated shorter guys and it was just awkward feeling. They were great guys and we didn't break up because they were shorter(not even that short just shorter then me). Perhaps it would have gotten less awkward who knows, my husband is over 6 ft tall. 

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I have nothing against shorter guys - but I am just really not attracted to them.

DH is not much taller than me.  !hile many aspects of a relationship are important - not just physical attraction - attraction is still a must on some level!

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Well, no. I am 5'3" (5'3 1/2" on a good day) and I was always attracted to men taller than I am. My husband is 5'10" (he is the shortest). Back in the good ol' days of junior high (when it stopped at the ninth grade), my boyfriend played on the basketball team and was 6'4" (he was the tallest).

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Unless he's a midget, I'd have a hard time finding a guy shorter than me,lol.

The shortest guy I've ever dated was 4 inches taller than me. The tallest guy was 16 inches taller. we made an odd couple... Dh is 11 inches taller, although it doesn't feel like that big of a difference. Maybe because I have a big personality ;-)

*I'm 5'0 btw*

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My mom married a short guy though. She's 5'7 and he's 5'1.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I would because I like big guys...I have a big mouth so I need someone who looks like they can take care of me.

thatgirl70
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I dated a shorter guy, even got engaged, but no I prefer tall men. I'm 5'8", DH is 6'3". The shorter guy I dated was 5'6".
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Initially I wouldn't be attracted to a guy shorter than me but who knows after I got to know him.

I'm only 5'1. My husband is 5'10.
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
My dad was shorter than my mom.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I am not attracted to short guys. I'm 5'3 and well, I'm just not. I've been with Leigh for 16 years and he's 6'5.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)