Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

So So So sad

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 9 Replies

I find it so unbelieably sad that women on here will let there ex (ncp) walk all over them and call all the shots and claim they do it in the best interest for their child. Thats not called co-parenting thats giving them their own way. I have always been the type to faciliate the relationship between my children and their fathers. 

My oldest sons dad is majorly verbally abusive and I refuse to communicate with him unless it is via text. He calls me a bad mother if I don't give him his own way and he isn't willing to co-parent with me. This week he is all mad because I won't let our son stay with him until 9 UNLESS he keeps him over night.

My oldest son is a type of child that if he is out late he is up all night until 1am or 2am, and he will still be up at 6am. I also have a two year old that wakes up between 5am and 5:30. So no I am not willing to get 3 to 4 hours of sleep I need sleep just like my ex claims he needs his sleep. Also he works about 20 hours a week and has no other children to take care of. So why can't he stay up late with our son? Why does he need his sleep?!?

People on here are crucifying me because I need my sleep sorry I bust my butt get up at 5am clean a huge house, do laundry, chase after a two year old all day cook dinner, involved in church activities 3 times a week so yes at night I am tired and want to sleep. People think I am being controlling when I am not.

I wouldn't care if my ex came 7 days a week to see our son as long as he had him back at a decent time or if he didn't for him to keep him overnight. He CHOOSE to see our son every other Saturday from 9am to 3pm. I did not pick those days or times. He yelled at the mediator when she asked him are you sure thats all the time you want and he yelled at her "I have a life too!" 

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Your ex sounds like a peach...
AAP1988
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Oh he really is. He is the one who is ruining his relationship with his son. I do everything to faciliate the relationship I offer extra time I invite him to everything my son is involved in. My son isn't stupid he knows whats going on. 

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
How sad for your son!!! :(

Quoting AAP1988:

Oh he really is. He is the one who is ruining his relationship with his son. I do everything to faciliate the relationship I offer extra time I invite him to everything my son is involved in. My son isn't stupid he knows whats going on. 

Quoting Kris_PBG:

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Wow, your ex is a real control freak (you might be one too, but he's got issues far beyond needing sleep - and honestly, I like my sleep too! lol).  

The next time your ex wants to keep your son late and not let him stay the night, remind him that HE's the one who chose visitation to be EOSaturday from 9-3, not you. ;)

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I'm so glad my son and exdil get along so well.  They both share time, when ever they want, totally ignoring the court ordered custody agreement.  They ask me to babysit (witch I love). If they both have plans. They both plan his birthday party together.  They are both wonderful parents.

meepsm0m2006
by Tami on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM
That's how it is between my xdh and myself .. we have a DD together and we both really do everything in the best interest of her .. if she wants more time with dad, she gets it, if she's ready to come back to mom, she gets that .. if dad is planning to take DD out to eat, he always invites me .. even though we aren't a couple, we like for DD to have "family time", where she gets time with both of us, no fighting, just going to dinner, or family game night, so on and so forth .. she really enjoys it too .. don't get me wrong, we both also have dates and whatnot, but only if the other has DD .. not sure that either of us is actually going to get into anything serious or not anytime soon, but if we do the SO will have to be very understanding that xdh and I are good friends, mostly for dd's sake, but there will be NO DRAMA or they will get the boot ..

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I'm so glad my son and exdil get along so well.  They both share time, when ever they want, totally ignoring the court ordered custody agreement.  They ask me to babysit (witch I love). If they both have plans. They both plan his birthday party together.  They are both wonderful parents.

Lovemyshadows
by Carol on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting meepsm0m2006:

That's how it is between my xdh and myself .. we have a DD together and we both really do everything in the best interest of her .. if she wants more time with dad, she gets it, if she's ready to come back to mom, she gets that .. if dad is planning to take DD out to eat, he always invites me .. even though we aren't a couple, we like for DD to have "family time", where she gets time with both of us, no fighting, just going to dinner, or family game night, so on and so forth .. she really enjoys it too .. don't get me wrong, we both also have dates and whatnot, but only if the other has DD .. not sure that either of us is actually going to get into anything serious or not anytime soon, but if we do the SO will have to be very understanding that xdh and I are good friends, mostly for dd's sake, but there will be NO DRAMA or they will get the boot ..

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I think it's always best for the child to have parents who can get along together.  Kudos to you and ex!

Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother, and Grandmother.
meepsm0m2006
by Tami on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM
That's how we feel also .. it's not her fault that we don't get along under the same roof and she deserves the best possible childhood we can give her .. just very glad both of us is mature enough to realize her happiness is more important than either of our own! And kudos to ur son and exdil also!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Quoting meepsm0m2006:

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

I think it's always best for the child to have parents who can get along together.  Kudos to you and ex!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM

It is sad that your ex thinks like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN