Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Do you let your kids sleep all day during Summer?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you let your kids sleep all day during Summer?

Options:

Yes.

No, but later than usual.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

I let my kids sleep in until 9am during the Summer.

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are early risers.  The latest my son sleeps is 8am and that is very rare. 

sabrtooth1
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

No, that's ridiculous.  Everyone gets up at the same time as always.  Mom and Dad get up the same time and go to work every day of the year.  Everyone who lives in the house should be just as responsible.  Chores need to be done, kids have to get to day camp, baby sitters, jobs.

mom2priceboys
by Julie on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have teenagers - issue is they stay awake laterr than I do lol - more stamina!! On our first week off I did - it was thheir vacation too but this week we are doing some work around the house that has been put off - like changing out a toilet, Also, animals need to be fed on schedule and that is their chore so they will be allowed to sleep till 9 and will have to be in bed by 1 everynight. however also, week after next they are working for churchs vbs and will have to be there by 9 so that is up around 7:30 bed arund 11 ish. i will probably like that week the best!! I am also thinking of going to Tahoe for a few mid week days mid july - we wont sleep much those days then come home and sleep a few days later than normal!! then soon it will be school again = summer is not long enough and school starting in mid August just simply stinks!!!

sjump25
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Totally agree with you.  Although if I could get my daughter to sleep past 5am that would be nice. lol

Quoting sabrtooth1:

No, that's ridiculous.  Everyone gets up at the same time as always.  Mom and Dad get up the same time and go to work every day of the year.  Everyone who lives in the house should be just as responsible.  Chores need to be done, kids have to get to day camp, baby sitters, jobs.

nussknacker
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Hell yes! We ALL sleep till noon. I Hate it when school starts again :-( I dont have a job...and am much much more of a night owl, I would sleep later if I could! ( But the heat eventually kicks me out of bed)

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. But they usually get up around 9am. My oldest 11 will sleep till noon if nothing is planned for that day.
lwalker270
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't let them sleep all day, but my youngest slept 'til 10:00 this morning. 

That kid LOVES to sleep.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I don't wake them up at a certain time. My children sometimes sleep until 9 a.m. and that's fine with me, lol

SweetPea2004
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

If we have no where to go dd can sleep as long as she wants which is normally no later than 8:30am.

kay1214
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw, hell no! They're not going to waste my day! They need to get up and do SOMETHING .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN