Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Would you call the cops?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 141 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was reading about a man in Dallas who left his 5 children in a locked van in the parking lot of a bar while he went in to 'celebrate' the birth of yet another child.

A security guard while making the rounds in the parking lot noticed the children and reported it. He said he had seen the children in the van before. It makes me wonder why didn't he report it the first time he seen it happen.
The children were all dripped in sweat by the time the police arrived and opened the van.

Would you report parents who were endangering their children or would you mind your own business. 

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meka26
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM
8 moms liked this

I would have called the police on him the first time I saw them left in the car alone. Some people do not deserve children.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
5 moms liked this

I would have opened the van, taken them out and then called the cops.

Reina13
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I would have done the same thing.

I was thinking, so he didnt want to leave them home alone, but he thought it was acceptable to leave them in the parking lot of a bar as long as they were in the van.

I wonder about people sometimes.

Quoting meka26:

I would have called the police on him the first time I saw them left in the car alone. Some people do not deserve children.

honihoni
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM
5 moms liked this

hell yes i would've called the cops on him! I would've done it the first time no question! It's illegal, unsafe and horrible to be locked in a hot van for god knows how long.  Some parents just shouldn't be parents.

dalbax2
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Report it.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Of course I would speak up for the kids!
Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I'd call the cops and report it.
FootballFan12
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I would immediately call the cops and stay there until they got there. This is just terrible. Seriously, who leaves their kids in a car so they can go into a bar to drink.

PinkCamoTeamMud
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Report it
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I would call the cops. I almost called once, but I'm glad I hesitated because the dad was underneath the car. He came out because he saw me walk towards the car. I felt very embarrassed, but he wasn't mad at all. He thanked me for being concerned for his children even though I didn't know them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN