Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Taking crap out of my diet

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am not eating beef, or pork.  We are mainly on fish, chicken or turkey.  Any good recipes for fish or seafood?  I have tons of recipes for chicken and turkey but we are not really fish or seafood fans.  We like to eat it, it just never crosses my mind to prepare it.  I make fish filet and deep fried shrimp but I am also trying to avoid oils as well so deep fried shrimp is out.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Spirit.heart
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM

A really simple way to prepare fish fillets is to whisk some eggs into a shallow bowl, put some breadcrumbs (the fine blended kind) into another shallow bowl. Dip the fish into the egg whites, then into the breadcrumbs to coat. Bake it in the oven until flaky. Simple, and no oil involved.

How about fish tacos? I like to heat up corn tortillas on my pancake griddle. Put the fish into a nonstick pan with some lemon or lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro...yum!

Dibsy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I'm not a seafood fan at all but I LOVE fish tacos! Sure to please those that don't really care for fish.

Quoting Spirit.heart:

A really simple way to prepare fish fillets is to whisk some eggs into a shallow bowl, put some breadcrumbs (the fine blended kind) into another shallow bowl. Dip the fish into the egg whites, then into the breadcrumbs to coat. Bake it in the oven until flaky. Simple, and no oil involved.

How about fish tacos? I like to heat up corn tortillas on my pancake griddle. Put the fish into a nonstick pan with some lemon or lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro...yum!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

That's how I make my filets and fish tacos sounds great. Thanks

Quoting Spirit.heart:

coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I've always wondered why people don't consider fish, and chicken as not being meat? It's the meat of a animal.. Just curious.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I'm not giving up meat, I'm just giving the fatty kind

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

I've always wondered why people don't consider fish, and chicken as not being meat? It's the meat of a animal.. Just curious.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I'm just wondering about those that do. It's usually religion, but If they are still eating a animal how's it any different.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Spirit.heart
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Some people eat meat, some people don't for whatever reason and this was not a request to debate the pros and cons.

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

I'm just wondering about those that do. It's usually religion, but If they are still eating a animal how's it any different.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I'm not turning into a debate, not everyone is mean spirited. I was wondering and curious of anyone knew about it. I didn't state pros and cons.

Quoting Spirit.heart:Some people eat meat, some people don't for whatever reason and this was not a request to debate the pros and cons. Quoting coupon_ash_back:I'm just wondering about those that do. It's usually religion, but If they are still eating a animal how's it any different.

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Quoting coupon_ash_back:

From my understanding is that fish is fowl and chicken is poultry, they are not considered meat. To me it is an animal no matter what you call it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN